Diaz or Grilli could be called up in a few days

CSF

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Baseball Prospectus put it:

(Referring to Jon Adkins) "That he's been kept on the 40-man roster suggests that the Sox are an organization that makes up in stubbornness what it lacks in depth."

If Grilli gets called up over Diaz, walked eight f***ing batters in 5 innings in his last start nonetheless, my respect for KW just flew out the window.

I can only think of one reason why the Sox wouldn't bring him up and thats that they are planning on acquiring another starter so they are only looking at Grilli or whoever making just one start.

If thats the case then you may not want Diaz to come up and potentially get hard only to get sent right back down to the minors. Personally, I think before the Sox make any trades, unless they are getting a truly damn good pitcher, they should give Diaz a shot because he has the stuff to be a sucessful pitcher at the mlb level.

Grilli also has good stuff and he has major league experience so I can see if they wanted to go with him if it was more of a spot start type thing becuase he'd be more likely to handle this.

Still, I don't find the above very likely and I'd be pissed if Diaz wasn't the man called up. Plus, i'd also be puzzled as to why he was brought in from the pen.

Tonite was Diaz's night to start, can anyone verify that Rauch actually did make a spot start tonight for Diaz?

CWSOX45

Yes, Rauch did start tonight.

I listened to a pitch on their streming audio to make sure he did.