Some interesting Koch stats

T R U

Whats weird is his ERA is 5.40... yet opponents are only batting .222 against him?

He has 13.1 inning pitched and 13 K's with 8 walks

Hes leading the team in appearances and has 5 of 6 saves...

He isnt doing that bad, but the thing that gets me is the 5.40 ERA with a .222 OBA

Whats weird is his ERA is 5.40... yet opponents are only batting .222 against him?

He isnt doing that bad, but the thing that gets me is the 5.40 ERA with a .222 OBA

He takes a long time to unload the ball, so all his walks, and his HBP, which I know he has at least 2, are equivalent to doubles. You can score a few runs with not too many hits that way.

he has 8 walks in 13.1... thats not even a walk per inning

hes only given up 12 hits and 4 were XBH

I can just see improvement from him this yr, thats all i care about

Those walks came in bunches. The two Baltimore games etc.

I hope Billy can get it under control, we really need him down the stretch.

CWSOX45

he has 8 walks in 13.1... thats not even a walk per inning

hes only given up 12 hits and 4 were XBH

I can just see improvement from him this yr, thats all i care about

8 walks in 13.3 innings is way to f***ing much. That's about 5.5 BB/9. That's an insane amount. Opponents aren't going to swing the bat when he's walking anybody and everybody who holds a bat in the batter's box.

I don't give a s*** about his BAA. What is his OBPA? I would bet it is damn near .350-.400. Hell, what's his WHIP? That will be telling enough. A good reliever has a WHIP of 1.10-1.20, a great reliever has a WHIP of between 1.00 and 1.10, and an excellent reliever has a WHIP of below 1.00(Eric Gagne/Keith Foulke types). On the flip side, a mediocre reliever is usually around 1.20-1.35, a bad reliever usually around 1.35-1.50, and f***ing awful reliever have WHIPs of higher then 1.50.

My guess is that Billy's WHIP is right around 1.45-1.50.

His ERA is 5.40 for a reason, and it's not because opponents aren't hitting him. I guarantee you that if he was throwing them balls they could hit, they'd hit them.

8 walks in 13.1 innings is terrible. and Koch's WHIP is 1.50 which I agree with you witesox is TERRIBLE. I dont know what you are talking about with koch. He should not be getting anyone's praises and should only be bashed until he puts together some saves. There was already a thread like this after baltimore and most people agreed his performances so far have been unacceptable.

8 walks in 13.3 innings is way to f***ing much.  That's about 5.5 BB/9.  That's an insane amount.  Opponents aren't going to swing the bat when he's walking anybody and everybody who holds a bat in the batter's box. 

I don't give a s*** about his BAA.  What is his OBPA?  I would bet it is damn near .350-.400.  Hell, what's his WHIP?  That will be telling enough.  A good reliever has a WHIP of 1.10-1.20, a great reliever has a WHIP of between 1.00 and 1.10, and an excellent reliever has a WHIP of below 1.00(Eric Gagne/Keith Foulke types).  On the flip side, a mediocre reliever is usually around 1.20-1.35, a bad reliever usually around 1.35-1.50, and f***ing awful reliever have WHIPs of higher then 1.50. 

My guess is that Billy's WHIP is right around 1.45-1.50.

His ERA is 5.40 for a reason, and it's not because opponents aren't hitting him.  I guarantee you that if he was throwing them balls they could hit, they'd hit them.

Ohh, Koch blows...Another stellar trade by KW acquiring him...Dumb f*** :puke

Still waiting for that nice and easy 1-2-3 inning by Billy Goat :banghead

Aaaggghh!!!  :crying

I was for the trade too.  Shows what I know  :stick  :fight

Who were the other two minor leaguers we picked up?

I remember feeling so pumped when we got Koch. I thought that was the final piece of the WS puzzle.

:crying :crying :banghead

Walks do not figure within the batting average.

8 walks in 13.1 innings is terrible.  and Koch's WHIP is 1.50 which I agree with you witesox is TERRIBLE.  I dont know what you are talking about with koch.  He should not be getting anyone's praises and should only be bashed until he puts together some saves.  There was already a thread like this after baltimore and most people agreed his performances so far have been unacceptable.

That is the number right there. A WHIP of 1.50 is what is killing him. With all of the walks he is basically going into an ass kicking contest with one leg.

Who were the other two minor leaguers we picked up?

I remember feeling so pumped when we got Koch. I thought that was the final piece of the WS puzzle.

:crying  :crying  :banghead

We got Cotts and Daylon Holt for him.

We gave up Foulke(duh; now with Boston), and also Mark Johnson(now in the Brewers organization) and Joe Valentine(who was traded to Cincinatti for Jose Guillen...the A's have neither of those two anymore). We still have Holt and Cotts, and (sadly) Koch as well. So we won in that regard.

8 walks in 13.1 innings is terrible.  and Koch's WHIP is 1.50 which I agree with you witesox is TERRIBLE.  I dont know what you are talking about with koch.  He should not be getting anyone's praises and should only be bashed until he puts together some saves.  There was already a thread like this after baltimore and most people agreed his performances so far have been unacceptable.

Even when he gets saves they usually are accompanied by a heart attack or 4. He is certainly not "Lights out" like a real closer needs to be. If he doesn't get there he's not going to be able to get it done.