World Series

WhiteSoxPride3035

When the White Sox make the World Series, who will they face?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. When the White Sox make the World Series, who will they face?

• St. Louis Cardinals
    • Houston Astros
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Atlanta Braves
    • Philidelphia Phillies
    • Arizona Diamondbacks
    • San Francisco Giants
    • Los Angeles Dodgers

In a bold statement here, I have to say the Astros. I know it's crazy, but it looks good on paper. With a healthy Wade Miller along with Roy Oswalt who have a career combined record of 70-31, along with the 3-4-5 men of Jeff Bagwell, Lance Berkman, and Jeff Kent, I think the Astros are a huge contender. What do you guys think?

im not sure who they WILL face, but i kno who i'd like them to face..the cards :D, the cards are a well-respected team, and if theres any national league team that deserves the ws, its them, after all the tragedies they've gone through. but it'll probably be the dbacks or some other damn team

I'm just seeing who us White Sox fans are guessing as to who is the best team in the NL is. Whoever team that is though, will be beaten by the White Sox in the World Series in a 4-0 sweep.

that would be too boring...how about a 10 inning 7th game win, but by the time we win i probably wont have too much nails left

I'm just seeing who us White Sox fans are guessing as to who is the best team in the NL is.

This would have been a better title for this poll. Asking who the White Sox are going to face in the WS before ST even starts reeks of Cubbishness. Remember ShamME Soso's WS comments last year?

Wow. The Sox don't even play a ST game for 11 more days, and people are asking who we will face in the World Series? Believe me, it's easy for things to get f***ed up, really fast.

Exactly....all you have to do is look at our past two seasons....in 01, we suffered major injuries....in 02, Lofton sucked in May and sucked worse in June....we, as a team, sucked in May and we sucked in June.

Only 2 teams each year get to the World Series out of 30....1 from each league. You gotta be DAMN good to get there...and I don't think we are at that level with the performances we would normally get....Thomas has to step up so the offense can get going, one of Wright, Rauch, and Garland has to step up big time, the bullpen has to live up to expectations, we have to have decent defense, Manuel can't make stupid decisions, KW has to make sure we don't throw in the towel if we are 3 or even 6 games out at the trade deadline...and most of that is just to get to the playoffs. If we actually get to the playoffs, we'd have to hope that our offense doesn't take a nap and suck, Colon, Buehrle, Garland and Wright pitch well, the bullpen doesn't implode, our bench comes through when necessary, and that we make no key mistakes at all...and then we have to outplay the other team. If we win the ALDS, then we gotta hope the same comes true...and if we are lucky enough to get to the World Series, we gotta hope all of the above plus we gotta hope some magic comes through on our side....because you gotta realize that the other team is fighting for the exact same thing as you, and that one of you will have to suffer a huge disappointment.

I'm as optimistic as anyone on this board....but I realize what kind of luck it does take to get to the World Series...as they say, the hottest team in the playoffs is usually the team that wins it all....we gotta hope we are on fire in September and can carry it through October....I don't want to rip it up in the first half and then suck ass in the second half, yet still get in and then get swept in the first round(jeez, what does that sound like? hmmm)

I think it will be the Braves.

I was wondering who the other Atlanta vote was from - I agree - although when we get to the World Series, the opponent will be the least thing I am worried about - it will be the NL pennent winnr and that makes them good, and it will be the team we need to beat