Base-stealing

BrandoFan

Nobody knows how to play it. They have a slow as hell line-up bogged down by right handers that don't get on base. Ozzie-ball looks awful when your 5-6-7-9 hitters are hitting a combined .251.

It ain't Ozzie's style of play that is lacking this team, it is the fact that this team just flat out doesn't know how to hit.

I like a lot of the players on the Sox, but my god do some of them need to go.

So why was Manuel blamed for not running on the bases, going for hit and run etc

It seems it was the players

So why was Manuel blamed for not running on the bases, going for hit and run etc

It seems it was the players

Manuel never manufactured a run. Ozzie is overplaying the small ball aspects a bit. When the team is hitting he needs to back off and let them hit. When they are in corpseball mode, as they were this weekend, he then needs to shake things up a bit. Though, he did try this weekend and it just flat out didn't work.

This team is built more for "Earl Ball" than "Ozzie Ball." (For those of you who don't know, "Earl Ball" refers to Earl Weaver - the former manager of the Orioles back in the 70's and 80's. His philosophy was "sit back and wait for the 3-run home run."

Who are the base-stealers on this club? Frank Thomas? Maggs? Crede? Konerko? (LMAO!!) Gload? Alomar? Rowand?

Besides CLee, Olivo, Harris, and Uribe, we have by far the slowest f*cking team in baseball.

How are you going to use THIS lineup to steal bases or score from 2nd on a single? This is a station-to-station lineup. It hasn't worked for the past 3 years, and I wonder if it won't fail miserably yet again this year. You can "run" and "take the extra base" so many times before the lack of footspeed in your lineup dicates that you do otherwise.

Ozzie is stuck with a bunch of plodders and slow oafs. Let's see how he deals with that.

I'm not so sure Crawford will be a 30 homer guy.  I could see 20 or so, but not much more.

However, I could definately see him being a 20-50 guy

...or a 20-60 guy

...or a 20-70 guy

...or maybe even more.

Crawford is fast as hell, and he is a pain in the ass to play against.  If we could get Carl f***ing Crawford in a White Sox uniform, I'd love it.

Yeah, I made sure to trade for him in MVP :)

I think once Crawford fills out, he will be a Soriano like athletic freak. The guy has all of the tools, and a limitless ceiling. Posednik is as good as he will ever be.

I think once Crawford fills out, he will be a Soriano like athletic freak.

He doesn't have the batspeed or the hand-eye coordination or hitting IQ to be a top-notch slugger.

But with his speed, he won't need to -- if he could do what Chuck Knoblach did in mid-90's -- with a little more power and even more steals, he could be an MVP candidate. He's at least 2-3 years away, though.