5/11 Game Thread

The Beast

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping the rested well on this day off and go out and kick ass in front of a home crowd.

Also just to let everyone know Toronto won again tonight, 9-3. Seems like we just caught them at the wrong time, and playing like s*** won't help either... :ph34r:

CWSOX45

I just got a bad feeling about this one boys. I expect a messy game with a couple of rain delays thrown in. Delays might throw off Buehrle's rhythm. The line up has been in a bit of a slump and I don't think Ponson will be the pitcher they break out against.

Prediction------ Sox-1 Orioles-4

I have a bad feeling the Sox are cathcing the Orioles at the wrong time. They've been swinging hot bats since losing that series to the Sox last week. They're riding a four game win streak and they're coming into our park with revenge on their minds. Going into this series reminds me of going into the Blue Jays series Last Friday. We all saw how that one turned out.

I just got a bad feeling about this one boys. I expect a messy game with a couple of rain delays thrown in. Delays might throw off Buehrle's rhythm. The line up has been in a bit of a slump and I don't think Ponson will be the pitcher they break out against.

Prediction------  Sox-1 Orioles-4

I have a bad feeling the Sox are cathcing the Orioles at the wrong time. They've been swinging hot bats since losing that series to the Sox last week. They're riding a four game win streak and they're coming into our park with revenge on their minds. Going into this series reminds me of going into the Blue Jays series Last Friday. We all saw how that one turned out.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see! Seems like a small test for Ozzie if he can get the fire back into the team. What gives me hope is that we are in this situation without JM as manager. If JM was still with us when our bats are flat and pitching not up to par, then they might as well just open up the coffin and jump in. Ozzie says he wants to bring fire and make sure the team has fun................. lets hope his philosophy works!

I'll be there, and I'm on vacation from work, so I'm looking and hoping for a great game!!!! AND A WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rain delays throw off everyone's rhytem. They are playing the same game...I think Mark will feel like he has something to prove tonight considering the fact that he is 1-1 and he will absolute dominate tonight. I look to have him have his best game of the season tonight because he's mature enough to look at his season so far and pick it up when his team needs him! LETS GO WHITE SOX!!! I'M PUMPED!!!

P.S. Blue Jays are hot...maybe we just hit them at the wrong time

P.S.  Blue Jays are hot...maybe we just hit them at the wrong time

Orioles have won 4 straight. We might be getting them at the wrong time too.

As for Buehrle maturing I've seen no evidence of this at all. If he does step it up I salute him, but don't get to pumped for this one.

Prediction------  Sox-1 Orioles-4

GO AWAY

Roto World hard on Ozzie tonight.

Paul Konerko, who has two hits this month, is out of the starting lineup tonight.

The White Sox have had two days off recently, so the last thing Konerko needs is more rest. Manager Ozzie Guillen obviously didn't see what happened when Jerry Manuel used this tactic last year. Considering that Konerko had a 918 OPS in April, he deserves a chance to hit himself out of this whopping six-game slump

Apparently Konerko has a sore neck or shoulder, so Ozzie is sitting him for rest. I heard this on the pre-game show on the radio.