Islamic Web Site Shows Beheading Of American

Queen Prawn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My name is Nick Berg, my father's name is Michael, my mother's name is Suzanne," the man said on the video. "I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live in ... Philadelphia."

There was no way to be certain the tape was authentic.

After reading a statement, the men were seen pulling the man to his side and putting a large knife to his neck. A scream sounded as the men cut his head off, shouting "Allahu Akbar!" — "God is great." They then held the head out before the camera.

Berg's family said Tuesday they knew their son had been decapitated, but didn't know the details of the killing. When told of the video by an Associated Press reporter, Berg's father, Michael, and his two siblings hugged and cried.

"I knew he was decapitated before. That manner is preferable to a long and torturous death. But I didn't want it to become public," Michael Berg said.

On the Web site, one of the executioners read a statement:

"For the mothers and wives of American soldiers, we tell you that we offered the U.S. administration to exchange this hostage with some of the detainees in Abu Ghraib and they refused."

"So we tell you that the dignity of the Muslim men and women in Abu Ghraib and others is not redeemed except by blood and souls. You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins ... slaughtered in this way."

The Web site on which the video was posted is known as a clearing house for al-Qaida and Islamic extremist groups' statements and tapes. An audiotape purportedly from bin Laden — which the CIA (news - web sites) said was probably authentic — appeared on the same Web site last week.

Western officials say al-Zarqawi, whose real name is Ahmad Fadhil al-Khalayleh, is a lieutenant of bin Laden. The United States has offered $10 million for information leading to the capture or killing of al-Zarqawi, saying he is trying to build a network of foreign militants in Iraq to work for al-Qaida.

In the video, the speaker threatened both President Bush and Pakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf.

"As for you Bush ... expect severe days. You and your soldiers will regret the day you stepped into the land of Iraq," he said. He described Musharraf as "a traitor agent."

Nice.. :headshake

Yeah thank God they weren't fire bombing cars and dragging burning bodies around the streets and hanging them from bridges until after they found out we were torturing Iraqis :rolleyes:

Actually we were torturing before, we just didn't believe the accounts until we saw pictures.

It wasn't public knowledge then, and they weren't using it as a reason to torture our people.

My understanding is that is was common knowledge inside the country. Detainees would tell their friends, etc. We just dismissed the allegations.

My understanding is that is was common knowledge inside the country. Detainees would tell their friends, etc. We just dismissed the allegations.

That is what has been reported a lot. Marketplace on NPR had an extensive feature - as well as what the New Yorker has been finding. When Senator Lindsey Graham is saying the news will get far worse and extends to extensive murder and rape at every place where there possibly could be, that is frightening.

It is some of my my worst preinvasion nightmares coming true :ph34r: not in ways I thought, but in worst ways :ph34r: :ph34r:

and I want to cry for the families -

all the families

They are definately in my thoughts and prayers. I can't even imagine how it must feel having a family member murdered in a public way like that.

I agree with Nuke here..... "Do onto others as they do onto you". I say the best thing that could happen is lay that area to waste, but since that will never happen then they need to find those bastards and kill them.

I prefer to do unto others BEFORE they can do unto you.

I saw a low quality version of the video. There's no proof it is real but there's little reason to believe they faked it. The threat of more public killings and the number of American contractors in Iraq makes this alot scarier than the Daniel Pearl murder.

It's not too hard to imagine them capturing and killing Americans in other places besides Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't know how you could stomach that Donkey.

Swear to god, as long as I live, I will NEVER remove from memory what I saw on that video. Guess curiousity got the best of me (I downloaded the vid off Ebaums world), just trust me people, do not watch it. The sound of the guy screaming is terrible....