Danny Wright apparently shelled

winninguglyin83

it appears that Danny Boy remains in his big-time funk.

don't have all the details, but he started for the Knights today and they were smashed by Louisville 12-3. Louisville scored 6 in the second, two in the third, two more in the fourth.

can't be good. His AAA ERA before the game was 40.50 -- and it might not have gone down.

Came also included a bench-clearing brawl after Stephen Smitherman was thrown out at home.

More details later.

don't have all the details, but he started for the Knights today and they were smashed by Louisville 12-3. Louisville scored 6 in the second, two in the third, two more in the fourth.

can't be good. His AAA ERA before the game was 40.50 -- and it might not have gone down.

Came also included a bench-clearing brawl after Stephen Smitherman was thrown out at home.

More details later.

that is a full inning or more than he went last time... :ph34r:

it's overdue to move him to the pen.

Rauch pitched last night -- and not well. Couldn't make it out of the fifth against a bad hitting team (although Austin Kearns and Jason LaRue were in the lineup).

Time is running out on both those guys.

And Borchard missed all four games in the series with a back problem.

If he can regain 2-4 mph on his heater, I wouldn't mind giving him a crack at the closer's job. But not until he proved himself for at least half the year in the bullpen. Just don't give him the job outright.

If he can regain 2-4 mph on his heater, I wouldn't mind giving him a crack at the closer's job. But not until he proved himself for at least half the year in the bullpen. Just don't give him the job outright.

Why would you want to give Danny a shot at anything right now? He is worse in the minors than he was in the big leagues. There must be something physically wrong with Danny Wright. I can't believe this is a mental lapse on his part.

How about we give the closer job to bajenaru,  22so, 2w in 12.33 innings?

Agreed, its going to be tough finding a roster spot for him, but I think the sox will be making a trade or two pretty soon and I'd have to think Rauch or someone in the AAA group will be out.

Plus Diaz will be coming up, but Burke will be coming down.

I'm hoping Baj is up soon, he's been pitching so damn good.

the word around the Charlotte clubhouse was that Wright is not 100 percent.

gotta be something wrong -- physically and mentally -- because he's not getting anybody out.

It only makes sense. The guy has talent, but you wonder if he healed from that injury in '03, or mentally is able to push it because he is afraid of reinjuring himself?

Rauch doesn't seem to be pitching that poorly this year, his YTD ERA is 3.29... Don't forget he spot started yesterday for Diaz, so that's probably why he went only 4 and 2/3

He pitched like crap........ that is more likely why he only went 4 2/3.

More details later.

I would love to have him Designated for Assignment.

I would love to have him Designated for Assignment.

Why? There is no reason to take him off the 40-man roster right now. Sit him down for a week or two to let him clear his mind. Hell, send him to extended ST if you have to, but the guy needs a break to get himself back together.

Danny is a good guy and still has a chance to be a big league pitcher in the bullpen. Rather than kick a guy while he is down, why not support him and hope he makes it back successfully?

Why?  There is no reason to take him off the 40-man roster right now.  Sit him down for a week or two to let him clear his mind.  Hell, send him to extended ST if you have to, but the guy needs a break to get himself back together.

Danny is a good guy and still has a chance to be a big league pitcher in the bullpen.  Rather than kick a guy while he is down, why not support him and hope he makes it back successfully?

Because you can't just go from a 14-12 season and start 0-4!!!

Do you even know what designating him for assignment means?

Designating for assignment-Where a player who is without option years remaining, must be sent to the minors, traded, or released by the ballpark within 10 days. That is my definition from what I hear on the Cubune.

Designating for assignment-Where a player who is without option years remaining, must be sent to the minors, traded, or released by the ballpark within 10 days. That is my definition from what I hear on the Cubune.

very good......... catch is, Danny Wright has plenty of options left.

very good......... catch is, Danny Wright has plenty of options left.

As does Wunsch, as this option was the first time he has been optioned in his career...Brewers never had him on the 40 man and this is the first time he's been optioned...Too bad we have a GM like KW who thinks he can make Cotts a solid contributer by using the same program he used for Buehrle in the past...News flash, Neal Cotts is not Buehrle nor will he ever be Buehrle. Send him down, let him pitch. Cotts is a starter, not a reliever. Quit treating him as if he's a reliever...

:fyou KW

As does Wunsch, as this option was the first time he has been optioned in his career...Brewers never had him on the 40 man and this is the first time he's been optioned...Too bad we have a GM like KW who thinks he can make Cotts a solid contributer by using the same program he used for Buehrle in the past...News flash, Neal Cotts is not Buehrle nor will he ever be Buehrle.  Send him down, let him pitch.  Cotts is a starter, not a reliever. Quit treating him as if he's a reliever...

:fyou  KW

man, aboz, where did that come from? Cottsy is doing just fine in his current role, so why do you have a problem with it? Wunsch blows..... AAA is where he belongs.