DIAZ GETS THE CALL!

CSF

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH
Alright, lets see what he can bring to the table. I have to miss school to watch this guy pitch. Mabey he can give us an extra burst with him in the rotation. Who knows if he is a righty or a lefty? :huh

Righthander. More importantly, he's been throwing strikes in Charlotte, he walked less than 5 guys in 32+ innings, something like that.

Age 23, will be 24 this summer.

Fastball, slider, changeup guy.

I'm anxious to see him pitch, and I think it's a good decision to throw him on Thursday instead of Saturday vs. Minnesota. Always good to let a young guy get his feet wet in a lower pressure environment, see Cotts vs. Yankees at Yankee Stadium, 2003.

Guest JimH

I didn't hear who got sent down or if someone goes on the DL, we'll see.

One more thing about this move of bringing up Diaz ...

Many have stated the Sox play "favorites", i.e. a guy who is someone's "pet" gets promoted instead of a guy who really deserves it.

Diaz had the best results on the farm, he gets the call. That's how it should be 99% of the time.

Thanks Kenny Lofton, at least you were good for something.

Big steal this trade, Ryan Meaux and Felix Diaz for 2 months of a washed up Lofton. If Felix comes on and throws strikes and has success at the major league level, it will look even better.

Damn! Damn! DAMN!!!! I have to work right after school and most likely will not get a chance to see him pitch. I really hope, like the rest of us, that he will finally lock down that 5th spot and give some good performances. If he does good, not only do we get him for Lofton, but we also have another guy in the pen that could be good in the future, what a steal! (I hope)