DIAZ GETS THE CALL!

CSF

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm REALLY hoping this guy gets the call on Thursday because I've got tickets to that game. I'd love to see what this kid's got in person! Hopefully we'll be going for the sweep by then, and hopefully I can help bring home a White Sox Winner! :headbang

I remember Bere's first start in 1993 against the Royals. The game was cut cause that dip-s*** in Waco Texas started everyone on fire in that religiuos Cult. Bere Lost but then went on a incredible run. to end up 12-3 i think. So if Diaz loses give him a break.

I'm really anxious to see him pitch too, it should be fun.

Also, now he gets to be in MVP in the next roster update, lol

:lol: Your priorities are in the right place.

Maybe, just maybe, this he can come up and dominate like Webb, Harden, Dontrelle of last year. How great would it be to have a reliable young SP in the rotation? Invaluble.

:lol:  Your priorities are in the right place.

Maybe, just maybe, this he can come up and dominate like Webb, Harden, Dontrelle of last year. How great would it be to have a reliable young SP in the rotation? Invaluble.

As i said i hope for

Diaz = Bere 1993, 1994. I just hope he doesn't imploed like bere in 1995

Wasn't some sort of injury involved with Bere??

Actually yes. He went 12-2 in 1994 but 8-15 with a 7.70 ERAin 1995 due to a busted elbow, came back in 1997 after surgery but couldn't throw strikes and the Sox released him and Cincinatti signed him and then was picked up by the Brewers that same year or next. (I'm saying all this of off my head)

I still don't see the point in having Burke up. He hasn't produced down in Charlotte and I'm not a fan of seeing guys called up when they haven't put up good numbers. I realize he adds versatility. I could see Adkins on the way down though because he's been used so rarely as of late.

Still with Diaz up you may want another guy in the pen to go in case Diaz struggles.

I'll be pulling for Diaz big time. I've been a fan of his for a while.

More info about Diaz for those who don't know much about him,

"He's a guy we targeted a few years ago, and hopefully he can be the answer in the fifth spot,'' said Sox general manager Kenny Williams, who acquired Diaz from the Giants in a July 28, 2002, trade for Kenny Lofton. "He will get every opportunity. If not, we'll keep churning it out and try to make it happen in another way.''

Diaz was 5-0 with a 1.83 ERA at Charlotte.

So what can Sox fans expect from the 24-year-old pitcher in Thursday's matinee against Baltimore?

"The fastball, command to both sides of the plate,'' Williams said. "The action on the changeup, to be able to sink and fade it away from left-handers. The slider has been improving. He is just the guy we thought we were going to get from San Francisco. It's just taking a little while to get there, but he's pretty locked in right now.''

More info about Diaz for those who don't know much about him,

"He's a guy we targeted a few years ago, and hopefully he can be the answer in the fifth spot,'' said Sox general manager Kenny Williams, who acquired Diaz from the Giants in a July 28, 2002, trade for Kenny Lofton. "He will get every opportunity. If not, we'll keep churning it out and try to make it happen in another way.''

Diaz was 5-0 with a 1.83 ERA at Charlotte.

So what can Sox fans expect from the 24-year-old pitcher in Thursday's matinee against Baltimore?

"The fastball, command to both sides of the plate,'' Williams said. "The action on the changeup, to be able to sink and fade it away from left-handers. The slider has been improving. He is just the guy we thought we were going to get from San Francisco. It's just taking a little while to get there, but he's pretty locked in right now.''

The KW spin on things...Can't wait til we are freed of this guy as our GM...That'd be about the only good thing that would come out of us not winning the division this year...losing KW

:whichway

Good to hear the Sox made the right choice on Diaz.  Now hopefully he takes the fifth spot and runs with it.  How long has it been since we had a dependable 5th starter?

Last season. It was Estaban coming out of the gate ;)