5/12 Game Thread

The Beast

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what I'm hoping for.  There was no way I'd been able to see it. 

FSN will obviously have the first game, who gets the 2nd game?

Its usually the same station that was going to cover the game in the first place.

So it should be FSN for both games... unless the Cubs are slated to play on FSN at night, so it could be FSN + then...

Tony is correct.

Rotoworld:

Jon Garland - S - White Sox

May. 12 - 9:35 pm et

Tonight's game between the Orioles and White Sox was rained out and will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Thursday.

Daniel Cabrera and Jon Garland will face off in the first game, with Erik Bedard and Felix Diaz scheduled to work the second.

Excellent! I can't wait to see Diaz pitch! I get to listen to Jonny G on the bus ride home from Navy Pier too. :D

i really thought they would be able to squeez the game in, i was there, and it stoped raining completly a little after 8, then they made us wait 20 minutes before they told us the game was canceled. it didnt rain on the way home to the nw suburbs or rain since then here hummm. oh will i'm glad i can see diaz pitch now because it will be during the second game

i really thought they would be able to squeez the game in, i was there, and it stoped raining completly a little after 8, then they made us wait 20 minutes before they told us the game was canceled. it didnt rain on the way home to the nw suburbs or rain since then here hummm. oh will i'm glad i can see diaz pitch now because it will be during the second game

Yeah that was stupid. The only time it rained hard was at like 6 and then it stopped til 7. But after 7, it was only an hours worth of drizzle. :huh

NAME W L ERA AP ST CG GF SO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO WP
Daniel Cabrera 0 1 2.63 5 5 0 0 0 0 27.1 11 10 8 1 12 35 1

Supposedly there is some flailing in his delivery that can make him tough to hit.  Sounds like he can also be wild at times.  These numbers are really too small a sample size to determine anything.

Combined with DK's numbers here's all of Cabrera's Minor League stats

Gulf Coast League » Orioles 06/20 to 08/26 2001
W L SV ERA G IP H R ER BB KO HR
2 3 0 5.53 12 40.2 31 29 25 39 36 1

Appalachian League » Bluefield Orioles 06/20 to 08/25 2002
5 2 0 3.28 12 60.1 52 25 22 25 69 0

South Atlantic League » Delmarva Shorebirds 04/04 to 08/31 2003
5 9 0 4.24 26 125.1 105 74 59 78 120 6

Yeah that was stupid. The only time it rained hard was at like 6 and then it stopped til 7. But after 7, it was only an hours worth of drizzle. :huh

By 9:30 it was a monsoon there. They never would have made it to the 5th with an 8:30 start