Baj's status

shoe

1. I expect relievers pitching in B-ham to have ERA's no higher than 2.75. So if he would indeed finish with 2.50 ERA after an unbelivable start as you say, that means as far as I am concerned, AA hitters HAVE "figured him out".

Birmingham's stadium actually has a park factor of greater than 1, meaning that it is clsoe to neutral or a slight hitter's park.

How about Much Inferior Hitting Talent Factor, have you adjusted for that?  :)

Since the hitters are crappy AA hitters means the AA pitchers should be much better or they suck? :huh: Everything you say makes no sense one way or another.

Everything you says makes no sense one way or another

:crying :lol:

A ML-ready AA'er has to be dominating his peers, most of whom won't sniff the majors. Not open for debate.

2.75 figure sounds reasonable enough - it really depends on the peripherals, the league and ballpark one plays in. Since I like my major league relivers with ERA's in 3.50-3.75 or lower, 2.75 in AA is just fine, even if ideally I'd prefer it was closer to 2.00.

:crying  :lol:

A ML-ready AA'er has to be dominating his peers, most of whom won't sniff the majors.  Not open for debate.

2.75 figure sounds reasonable enough - it really depends on the peripherals, the league and ballpark one plays in. Since I like my major league relivers with ERA's in 3.50-3.75 or lower, 2.75 in AA is just fine, even if ideally I'd prefer it was closer to 2.00.

Who said Baj was ready for the majors? :huh

Oh and Adkins ERA is 3.18. :)

Yes, and his WHIP in non-blow-out situations is 43526636.

I know his WHIP is high (1.76), but still, you bash the guy and your facts aren't correct. You said he would have a K/BB ratio of less than 1 in AAA and through his career it's almost 2 to 1 in AAA. His ERA isn't bad. He isn't as bad as you make him out to be, that's all I'm saying.

, you bash the guy and your facts aren't correct

It was a joke, lol.

If he really had as many BB as Ks in AAA, he'd be worthless. Still his ERA and k/9 were really bad for such a blue chip prospect.

And his WHIP is terrible. It's even worse if you take away some of the scoreless innings he threw in pressure-free blow-out situations such as yesterday -- and if you really want to assess someone's worth, see how they pitch when the game is not decided.

Birmingham's stadium actually has a park factor of greater than 1, meaning that it is clsoe to neutral or a slight hitter's park.

Ask anyone who plays or has played there........ The Hoover Met is NOT a hitter's park. The ball does not carry and it is 340 down the lines and 385 in the gaps. Hard hit balls die in the expanse of the OF there.

The Barons team ERA is almost always a full run lower at home versus on the road.

If he really had as many BB as Ks in AAA, he'd be worthless. Still his ERA and k/9 were really bad for such a blue chip prospect.

The point is his K/BB in AAA isn't 1 so stop saying that like it matters. Stop saying what you say is a joke when you are actually dead wrong. Stop debating facts, it's getting old. The point is you demand too much of players in general (not referring to this case at all, but I'm sure you will bring this up as an example of that anyway). you make haste decisions, and you act on emotions. I don't there is anything wrong with having your opinion, but telling people they are fools for this or that (as you have done) is just wrong. Stop arguing at every corner. I'm done with you because I don't feel I need to argue about such minute things. No hard feelings, don't get mad, just understand what I'm saying and take it for what it's worth.

The point is his K/BB in AAA isn't 1 so stop saying that like it matters. Stop saying what you say is a joke when you are actually dead wrong. Stop debating facts, it's getting old. The point is you demand too much of players in general (not referring to this case at all, but I'm sure you will bring this up as an example of that anyway). you make haste decisions, and you act on emotions. I don't there is anything wrong with having your opinion, but telling people they are fools for this or that (as you have done) is just wrong. Stop arguing at every corner. I'm done with you because I don't feel I need to argue about such minute things. No hard feelings, don't get mad, just understand what I'm saying and take it for what it's worth.

Yawn. Adkins is not good. NONE of the "facts" you brought up show otherwise. He was garbage in a REPEAT year in AAA. Most scouts would agree.

And of course k/9 and whip matter....duh.

The rest of your post is utterly worthless. Your assessment of my character couldn't be more irrelevant.

Is that "minute" enough?

Shoe, I read in spring training that Baj is probably the hardest thrower in the organization, or close to it.

If I'm not mistaken Rex has commented similarly.

The guy is an obvious talent.

Williams has always said it takes 15-16 pitchers to get through a season, and we're sitting here on May 12th, so it's quite early.

I've always been guilty of being impatient and wanting to see some of these prospects in action with the big club.  Maybe I need to just chill!  :lol:

Interesting about Baj though ... he was a 36th round pick, a draft-and-follow.

Played for a college in Oklahoma (OK State?) and I remember reading that he wasn't just a pitcher, he played OF or something too.

Ya really love to see longshots make it, that's one reason why I'm rooting for him.

Plus, he is one of SoxTalk's own -  :headbang

Alex, Jason ... I know you guys are busy and are doing great work - any chance of setting up a chat or maybe just a phone interview with Baj?  There are several questions I'm sure lots of us would like to ask him.

Baj played at the University of Oklahoma, not Oklahoma State- he was an All American there, pitched, played RF and was DH.

Yawn.  Adkins is not good.  NONE of the "facts" you brought up show otherwise. He was garbage in a REPEAT year in AAA. Most scouts would agree.

Adkins had a 1.25 WHIP last season and an ERA of 3.96. Not great numbers, but they aren't worthless.

I never said K/9 and WHIP don't matter. You keep saying he will put up a K/BB ratio of 1 to 1 in AAA. He already posted a K/BB of almost 2 to 1 the last 2 seasons in AAA. So my question was why do you keep saying he will do that when he has proved he is better than that.

This is ridiculous that I'm arguing with you. All you do is make it sound like I'm wrong and your opinion is fact.

Ask anyone who plays or has played there........ The Hoover Met is NOT a hitter's park.  The ball does not carry and it is 340 down the lines and 385 in the gaps.  Hard hit balls die in the expanse of the OF there.

The Barons team ERA is almost always a full run lower at home versus on the road.

I think the reason that the Met is so big is the reason its Park Factor is above 1.

Rex, I know that the Met went under some renovations over the offseason, but I'm not sure of the specifics. Move the fences around at all or just add seats kind of thign?

I think the reason that the Met is so big is the reason its Park Factor is above 1.

Rex, I know that the Met went under some renovations over the offseason, but I'm not sure of the specifics. Move the fences around at all or just add seats kind of thign?

Ripped the field out and started over. Neither the fences or the seating areas were touched.

I don't know about "park factor" but I do know that less runs are scored here at The Met than on the road, year in and year out.

Yes and so does era. Adkins has done a good job so far this year, stop bringing up his whip if he's not letting up runs then he's doing fine. Brando some stats you look way to far into, Adkins has done a damn good job so far, find another player to bash, which for you is everyone else on the sox.