Post your questions for Jeff Bajenaru!

Heads22

Post your questions here or PM them to me or email them to me....man hands will be answering your questions for FutureSox!

This won't be a voice interview or anything like that, but Jeff has agreed to take time out of his day to answer these questions.

Alex

Also, if you want to include your first name and location with your question, that would be cool.

Baj, what role do you see yourself filling if you reach the major leagues?

Baj, for those of us who haven't seen you pitch, what is your "out" pitch and what other pitches do you throw?

Thanks

Alex - Louisville, KY

Guest JimH

Outstanding Alex.

Here are some questions from Jim H., Naperville IL:

1. Tell us about your long road back from elbow surgery. What was involved with the rehab, and how long did it take for your arm to feel back to normal?

2. It looks like you've evolved into a closer. What has Sox mgmt. told you, if anything, about what they want from you and what they expect from you? Have they told you your future is as a closer?

3. What up with the "man hands" nickname? How'd you get that handle?

4. You've gotten fantastic results this year, and it seems like you've been on a positive trend since the middle of last year. Why do you think that's the case?

5. What's your velocity up to, are you 93 or so?

6. What's in your pitching arsenal, and what do you feel you still need to work on?

Thanks! :headbang

Oh, one more:

7. How did you find out about SoxTalk, from Jim Bullard? Does Sox management care if you post stuff? As fans, we think it's great and we appreciate it - it is a very good PR gesture from you guys.

Mike G. from Schaumburg,IL asks:

Jeff, how do you go about mentally preparing for save situations? Are you trying to challenge hitters more or pitch to their weaknesses and strike them out?

(Also, I am just wondering can someone tell me how Bajenaru is pronounced? Is it how it's spelled?)

Danny S. from Northbrook, IL.

What about this season has made you such a better pitcher so far? Do you have a new pitch? Have you changed anything in your delivery?

Do you think it's cool that you get to read about yourself in the paper and see stats online, etc. or do you hardly notice?

Dan McKenzie from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I've always believed that much of the success of a relief pitcher has during a effective period of the season comes from confidence and the momentum that they build up over a stretch. Do you think that these 2 factors have played a large part in being so successful so far this season? If that makes sense. :lol:

From your biggest fan north of the border.

Hello Mr. Bajenaru. I have a few questions for you-

1. I noticed that in college you had a high batting average and hit alot of homeruns. Do you miss batting? Would you like to be traded to a National League team?

2. Who is your favorite baseball player of all time? And who is your wife's favorite?

3. What's the dumbest thing a manager has ever told you to do?

4. What is your favorite energy drink, and why?

Thanks for your time!!

I have a few personal questions for you-

I see in the O.C. that Chino Hills is the bad part of town. Did you grow up in a rough area?

Is it true you pitch better when the lower right field beer stand girl's tip cup is full?

What is your favorite restaurant in Birmingham?

Did you play any sports besides baseball growing up?

I have a few personal questions for you-

I see in the O.C. that Chino Hills is the bad part of town.  Did you grow up in a rough area?

Is it true you pitch better when the lower right field beer stand girl's tip cup is full?

What is your favorite restaurant in Birmingham?

Did you play any sports besides baseball growing up?

Welcome to Soxtalk :cheers