Yofu

BrandoFan

5 walks/33K?    Sounds good.

Just WHAT makes Adkins a better pitcher/more worthy of a ML job than Yofu, Wunsch, Santiago or His Bajenaruness?

Yofu is an AA and Wunsch has been mediocre in AAA. Santiago has been great and is arguably deserving of a shot. Baj needs to prove himself in AAA before he can get called up, but he is way too good for AA.

Put Adkins in AAA and he'll have more walks than K's.

He sucks. Wunsch at least was unhittable before going on DL last May. Bajenaru and Yofu are pitching well. Private Santiago, too for that matter.

In 2002 and 2003 with the A's and White Sox AAA teams Adkins had 166 Ks and 79 walks. I never said Baj and Yofu weren't pitching well, but they are in AA and aren't ready for the bigs.

Neither is Adkins.

Fine, continue to ignore the facts. I don't care. I stated my case and your opinion ignores the facts. You bash one guy and select possible replacements while he still has the best resumé of the bunch.

Fine, continue to ignore the facts. I don't care. I stated my case and your opinion ignores the facts. You bash one guy and select possible replacements while he still has the best resumé of the bunch.

Yadayadayada.....

Taking the 2 meaningless innings he pitched in a 15-0 game out.....

9.1 innings, 11 hits, 8 walks, 8 Ks......ERA 3.86, WHIP 1.90.

Are you effin' kidding me?! Even Billy Koch's WHIP is much lower!

Best resume my ass.

What a terrible ERA

So Adkins has done a good job, but he's lost his spot on the team??  Give me a break Brando.

Exactly. While his WHIP isn't very good, he still has done fairly well at the Major League level. This is more than any of the replacements you named. They have yet to pitch in the Majors, some have not even made it to AAA. Adkins has done nothing to deserve demotion. He hasn't been so horrible that he needs to be demoted.

Plus this is his first time in the majors. I'd say he's been doing pretty good all things considering.

I don't ever understand the fascination with expecting players to come up and be Eric Gagne right out of the gate. Gagne stunk it up for a few years until he finally panned out.

As far as I'm concerned the Sox youngsters have been pretty productive this year and thats a big plus.

I don't ever understand the fascination with expecting players to come up and be Eric Gagne right out of the gate. Gagne stunk it up for a few years until he finally panned out.

Gagne? It would be nice to have a WHIP under 2.00 in non-blow-out games!

Few years? Last time I checked Sox are embroiled in a very important pennant race. This franchise is fighting for whatever is left of its fan-base. Time to take lumps was during the repeat year of AAA ball....where Adkins sucked btw.

Spring training? Yeah he had a nice ERA but he did give up 9 hits in 10 inn, with 3 walks and 2 HBP while only K-ing one batter -- and he faced quite a few minor leaguers as relivers tend to do in ST.

This guy has shown ability to survive jams, but it's just a matter of time before the lack of K's and a high WHIP catches up IMO.

Gagne?  It would be nice to have a WHIP under 2.00 in non-blow-out games!

Few years? Last time I checked Sox are embroiled in a very important pennant race. This franchise is fighting for whatever is left of its fan-base.    Time to take lumps was during the repeat year of AAA ball....where Adkins sucked btw. 

Spring training? Yeah he had a nice ERA but he did give up 9 hits in 10 inn, with 3 walks and 2 HBP while only K-ing one batter -- and he faced quite a few minor leaguers as relivers tend to do in ST.

This guy has shown ability to survive jams, but it's just a matter of time before the lack of K's and a high WHIP catches up IMO.

If you think he's going to be bad.......fine. But there is no way you send the guy down when he's doing exactly what he's been asked to do.