The Other Team...

T R U

On ESPN they just interviewd Jeff Brantley and asked him some yes or no questions one of them being..

"will a team from Chicago make the playoffs" he said yes..

Afterwards Dan Patrick asked "The Cubs right"

and Brantley went on to say "Yes the Cubs... that other team wont make the playoffs"

Then went on to say "The Other Team" doesnt have any pitching although they are swinging the bats well now..

Isnt our pitching 3rd in the AL right now??

The reality is baseball announcers are not that smart or even insightful.

Anyone that has watched the White Sox this year know that they have just as good of a chance to make the playoffs as the Cubs or better because the White Sox dont have Houston in the division.

They pander to the audience, and they think the Cubs have all the fans so if they say good things about them, the majority will like it.

It will be that much sweeter when the Cubs are at home and the White Sox are still playing.

SB

On ESPN they just interviewd Jeff Brantley and asked him some yes or no questions one of them being..

and Brantley went on to say "Yes the Cubs... that other team wont make the playoffs"

Then went on to say "The Other Team" doesnt have any pitching although they are swinging the bats well now..

Brantley doesn't know what he is talking about...he was a washed up old closer who couldn't hit the right side of a barn...jackass...

Let me add it wasn't just him referring to us as the "other team," but the manner in which he said it. The look on his face when said "OTHER team" was if he had a chip on his shoulder towards the Sox. He's practically lushing over the Cubs, while simply stating the Sox wont make it to the playoffs because of pitching. "Koch and Da.....Damaso Marte need to step it up." Guess what f***er? Our divison sucks, we're in first, and our bullpen has been pretty solid lately.

This isn't even the first instance of his b****ing. From the MLB boards I read a thread where Brantley was ripping the sox during the ESPN telecast last week:

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp...7767.1&search=y

lets just worry about ourselves. Last year Brantley said we would make the playoffs after we got Everett. We didn't even though we had a good team. I suppose everyone will change there mind once trrades are made. If we sweep the twins this weekend they will all be on our side. We worry too much. I listen to sports radio and we are worry warts. Sometimes our team looks bad like over the weekend, then yesterday happens and we are back in first.

I think having to earn the respect first is a good thing for us. We won't be so big-headed. The past couple years we WERE respected by the media, and were picked to win the division. Where exactly did that get us again? Oh yeah, no where. I think having them play with a chip on their shoulders won't hurt us at all.