Running the mile

CubsSuck1

Just ran yesterday and got down to 5:54. Not sure if that is any good or not. I should make it a goal to get like 5 mins flat.

ran the first mile at my football marathon last sunday...1st mile...started out going 4:55, then got lazy and finished 50 something

I ran a 4:36 mile in high school, and got smoked in that race.  Never forget it.  Ran my ass off and got smoked!!  'Course, that was now 13 years ago.

I'd be lucky to run 14:36 now.

damn, you beat me! :crying

I ran 4:50 in high school lo those many years ago. It was a drill to make soccer cuts and the coach said anyone who did not beat 5:00 would be cut. Well, when only me and one other guy made it he obviously couldn't carry through on the threat. The fullbacks were coming in at 7 and 8 minutes, and didn't have much of a team without them.

Still, the motivation worked, for me at least.

You guys are some fast ass sob's, back when I used to run the mile in 6:15 I was one of the fastest people at my school.

Us Californians must be slow. Then again that was in like 7th grade and then again in 8t. I never timed myself in high school.

ran the first mile at my football marathon last sunday...1st mile...started out going 4:55, then got lazy and finished 50 something

Again, this is 4:55 in one mile...cuz it was a five mile run, I wanted a good head start.

I could run a 400m in about 65 seconds when I was fit.  :o

I loved the 400. I ran that at 50.5 two weeks after I ran that 4:36 mile. My senior year in high school, I was in great shape. If I were a little stronger back then I probably could have made better times (me and my scrawny ass).

Again, this is 4:55 in one mile...cuz it was a five mile run, I wanted a good head start.

dude, how can you do that? 5:00 first mile, and take 45 minutes to run 4 more miles? You would have had to literally crawl the last mile. :lol:

I loved the 400.  I ran that at 50.5 two weeks after I ran that 4:36 mile.  My senior year in high school, I was in great shape.  If I were a little stronger back then I probably could have made better times (me and my scrawny ass).

I luved the 400m too simply because u could practically sprint the whole distance instead of just easing off on longer distance races. ;)

I ran a 4:36 mile in high school, and got smoked in that race.  Never forget it.  Ran my ass off and got smoked!!  'Course, that was now 13 years ago.

That's because you suck!!! :ph34r:

I never competed in the mile because I ran 300/400 hurdles, high hurdles and relays. But I did clock a 4:58 in the first mile of a 5 mile cross country race.

dude, how can you do that?  5:00 first mile, and take 45 minutes to run 4 more miles?  You would have had to literally crawl the last mile. :lol:

Well I wanted a good 1st mile time, so I got it, then slowed down after that, and like walked a lot, but hey, a good time nevertheless.

Damn that's tough.

My race was the 880 Yard run (showing my age) I ran a 1:55 downstate and finished last in my heat.

My best mile time was a 4:28 split in a 2-mile medley relay.

I did run a 3:30 marathon that I consider my best race. I floated through that race. I swear I could have run 50 that day.

Damn that's tough.

My race was the 880 Yard run (showing my age) I ran a 1:55 downstate and finished last in my heat.

My best mile time was a 4:28 split in a 2-mile medley relay.

I did run a 3:30 marathon that I consider my best race. I floated through that race. I swear I could have run 50 that day.

To anyone who marathons :notworthy

Seriously, running a marathon isn't really that difficult with about a year to prepare. Guys who are racing marathons on the other hand :notworthy

You should never really go into oxygen debt in a marathon, it's more just logging the training miles, gently increasing your max run into the 20 mile range.

I was a cross country runner, but I was a slow chic. The fastest I ran was 7:59. Turned out I had arthritus in my knees and I guess being short didn't help either lol.

My cousin runs for Fenwick and he is damned good. He's won several meets and is usually in the top 5 or top 10.

Seriously, running a marathon isn't really that difficult with about a year to prepare. Guys who are racing marathons on the other hand  :notworthy

You should never really go into oxygen debt in a marathon, it's more just logging the training miles, gently increasing your max run into the 20 mile range.

I'd love to run the Chicago Marathon once, but pretty much I am 40 lbs over my running weight, and lazy. Other than that I could probably be a good marathoner ;)