Big Bad Bartolo in the Black and Silver

Cali

AZWL104021718_lower.jpg

Looks good to me :headbang

It looks good now, but will look even better if there's a picture like that in ST of 2004. Assuming all goes well in 2003, Reinsdorf needs to open his piggy bank and sign both Colon and Buehrle to multi-year contracts. Our payroll is somewhere around $60M (I think) for this season, compared to about $150M for the Yankees. Now, it's absurd to spend THAT much, but if the Sox would just spend half that, we'd be playing late in October every season.

Is it at 60 mil????

Im not sure......

I thought it was closer to 50....... but I am no-where near sure.

On January 23rd, ESPN.com had an article previewing the Sox, and it listed their opening day payroll of '03 at $57.1M -- I assume that's current and up-to-date, but it may not include the contract we gave Koch.

Yeah, Bartolo Colon looks sharp in the black and silver. Then again... who doesn't look good in the black and silver? I don't know anyone who wouldn't!

I got to say, in that picture PK looks like he has Ichiro's swing. :headbang

Wouldn't it be sweet if PK could run like Ichiro :headbang

Yeah, Bartolo Colon looks sharp in the black and silver. Then again... who doesn't look good in the black and silver? I don't know anyone who wouldn't!

I got to say, in that picture PK looks like he has Ichiro's swing. :headbang

Wouldn't it be sweet if PK could run like Ichiro :headbang

yea, soxpride, hes got that sweep-away ichiro swing righ there in ur avatar :D

It is going to be so beautiful to watch him mow through lineups and rack up the wins for the White Sox. March 31 can't come fast enough! I almost feel pity for the Royals because of the ass kicking that they are going to get.

Bartolo in the silver and black. Looks great! Let's hope he stays in the silver and black for years to come.

looking good.  Ddin't people, news media, fear he would be overweight.

I actually think that was just the New York media.

My take on this whole issue was this...

New York wanted to keep Bartolo out of Boston....so they 'reported' that he weighed about 270-280 pounds or so....waaaay out of shape. Knowing how large the New York media is, anyone would believe this(unless they actually knew better). This way Boston would be unattracted to Bartolo. New York knew we had been contacting Montreal about acquiring Colon...so New York then contacted us and Montreal about this deal and then to help it move along a little faster, decided to chip in El Duque, whom the Yankees knew the Expos were interested in acquiring, assuming of course that he was fully paid for. The Yankees chipped in $2 mill, and got a decent(but shaky) reliever and a decent prospect in the deal.....a hell of a deal for them. Montreal and Chicago then went on resuming talks and got the trade done....bingo. Colon is on the South Side.

I think New York helped get the deal done....just not as much as everyone thinks....or possibly more, depending upon how much you thought they were actually involved in the deal. Many people have said that New York was completely behind the deal....which is untrue....because Selig, Minaya and KW did play a big part in the deal. But if you believe the Yankees played no part in the deal, that would also be untrue....if that was the case, Bartolo would be in Florida wearing a Red Sox uniform, the Yankees wouldn't have Osuna and we still would(that would suck).

You gotta love it when a team that has power like the Yankees gives back to the poor...in this case, even if you hate the Yankees as a baseball team(as I do with a passion), gotta call them Robin Hood and give them a hug(or atleast try to).

He looks good especially in a White SOX uniform. Im so glad we have him on our side.

You know, that's EXACTLY what Jerry Manuel said on TV last night! And I couldn't agree more!

He sure looks better in silver and black than he did with that stupid laughing Chief Wahoo on chest.

Now instead of getting his ass smacked around by the White Sox pitching for the Indians, he gets to be the one doing the ass-whooping as he kicks the s*** out of the Indians(as it seems we were pretty good lifetime against Bartolo).

I hope he can help get us to the ALCS or the World Series....that would be b****in!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang