"While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Take 1)" from same

:headbang :headbang :headbang

I look from the wings of the play you are staging

While my guitar gently weeps

As I'm sitting here doing nothing but aging

Still my guitar gently weeps

:crying

Imagine

Tecnically it is often considered a Beatles song, since it was penned during the time when all John and Paul songs were credited as Lennon/McCartney regardless of who penned them. The song is part of the original Northern Songs/EMI Beatles catalog

I think the Paul-pennned "Come and Get It" (performed by Badfinger on the Magic Christian Music album) also falls into that odd category even though John had nothing to do with the writing and the Beatles never released a recording of it.

George's All Things Must Pass (song, not album) is also legally a part of the Beatles composition catalog, even though there was never a Beatle version released.

Tecnically it is often considered a Beatles song, since it was penned during the time when all John and Paul songs were credited as Lennon/McCartney regardless of who penned them.  The song is part of the original Northern Songs/EMI Beatles catalog

I think the Paul-pennned "Come and Get It" (performed by Badfinger on the Magic Christian Music album) also falls into that odd category even though John had nothing to do with the writing and the Beatles never released a recording of it.

George's All Things Must Pass (song, not album) is also legally a part of the Beatles composition catalog, even though there was never a Beatle version released.

I put it in green. I've never really considered it a Beatles tune.

Is Badfinger back in production? I know their catalog was held up for legal reasons for a long time. Are there any CD releases?

I put it in green. I've never really considered it a Beatles tune.

Is Badfinger back in production? I know their catalog was held up for legal reasons for a long time. Are there any CD releases?

I have Best of Badfinger on CD, I don't know about the rest of their catalog. Magic Christian and No Dice are the only two I have on vinyl.

From 4lifeinpa to miss 4 life a few months ago... :P

(he won't admit it, but he sang this to her) :headbang

To lead a better life I need my love to be here...

Here, making each day of the year

Changing my life with the wave of her hand

Nobody can deny that there's something there

There, running my hands through her hair

Both of us thinking how good it can be

Someone is speaking but she doesn't know he's there

I want her everywhere and if she's beside me

I know I need never care

But to love her is to need her everywhere

Knowing that love is to share

Each one believing that love never dies

Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there

I want her everywhere and if she's beside me

I know I need never care

But to love her is to need her everywhere

Knowing that love is to share

Each one believing that love never dies

Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there

To be there and everywhere

Here, there and everywhere

Other favorites, Rain and Sexy Sadie.

The reduction mix for Rain:

Left channel: Bass, drums w/high hat.

When panned left, it's purely instrumental except for backup vocal phrases and Lennon's harmony at the refrain.

Right channel: Lennon's lead vocal, guitar, drums without high hat.

The stereo separation allows listeners to focus on Lennon's stunning vocals.

Especially riveting are his double-tracked harmonies at the refrains.

Fully separated in this mix, the listener can pan left or right to hear each Lennon vocal separately.

Droning on the word "Rain," he achieves the vocal timbre of a Tibetan monk high in the mountains.

Eleanor Rigby, Norwegian Wood, and Yesterday. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is pretty trippy too.

BTW, is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds really when they were on LSD or not? I realize the initials and everything, but I seem to recall a friend of mine who loves the Beatles told me that it wasn't. Maybe I was just being a dumbass then and I heard him wrong.

The reduction mix for Rain:

Left channel: Bass, drums w/high hat.

When panned left, it's purely instrumental except for backup vocal phrases and Lennon's harmony at the refrain.

Right channel: Lennon's lead vocal, guitar, drums without high hat.

The stereo separation allows listeners to focus on Lennon's stunning vocals.

Especially riveting are his double-tracked harmonies at the refrains.

Fully separated in this mix, the listener can pan left or right to hear each Lennon vocal separately. Droning on the word "Rain," he achieves the vocal timbre of a Tibetan monk high in the mountains.

Cool description of the mix. That Tibetan Monk on the Mountain aura was popular with John around that time. Tomorrow Never Knows was recorded and mixed to gave essentially the same feel... "Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream..."

Rain and She Said She Said are John at his best I think... fully open to suggestions from George Martin on arrangement and also for letting Paul and George really collaborate add their vocal fluorishes and their instrumentation as they saw fit. George's giutar on She said is signature work as is Paul's bass on Rain. Nobody worrying about being overshadowed and the result is near perfect music.

I'm Only Sleeping is right up there too in that regard.

Eleanor Rigby, Norwegian Wood, and Yesterday.  Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is pretty trippy too.

BTW, is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds really when they were on LSD or not?  I realize the initials and everything, but I seem to recall a friend of mine who loves the Beatles told me that it wasn't.  Maybe I was just being a dumbass then and I heard him wrong.

This one was probably too easy for Hammerhead to chime in on... :)

John's story is that Julian brought hame a crayon drawing he did in school of his friend Lucy, drawn in a sky full of diamonds. Insists teh LSD acronym was unintentional.

I always believed the story since John (or any of them) never really denied when there was a drug influence in a composition. John said the three verses of I am teh Walrus were written during each of 3 separate acid trips (and the inspiration for the song was a kids schoolyard rhyme that he remembered had a line about 'yellow matter custard'. She Said She Said (here it is again) was based on a tripping Peter Fonda telling everybody "I know what it's like to be dead" at a party. The Dylan-turned-us-onto-weed influence is all over Rubber Soul...