Post ya favorite Beatles song:

Be Good

From 4lifeinpa to miss 4 life a few months ago... :P

(he won't admit it, but he sang this to her)  :headbang

To lead a better life I need my love to be here...

Here, making each day of the year

Changing my life with the wave of her hand

Nobody can deny that there's something there

There, running my hands through her hair

Both of us thinking how good it can be

Someone is speaking but she doesn't know he's there

I want her everywhere and if she's beside me

I know I need never care

But to love her is to need her everywhere

Knowing that love is to share

Each one believing that love never dies

Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there

I want her everywhere and if she's beside me

I know I need never care

But to love her is to need her everywhere

Knowing that love is to share

Each one believing that love never dies

Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there

To be there and everywhere

Here, there and everywhere

hell yeah dawg!

FLYING TO PA TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

thinkin' 'bout singing that to her when I see her ;)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

BTW, have a great time... :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

definitely...

for the record, the beatles are an amazing band. (no green)

just think they're given more credit than they deserve. oh well.

See ya in a couple weeks y'all! :cheers :cheers :wub: :headbang

This is for today. This is exactly how I am feeling.

I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink, I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink

I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink, no, no, no

I'm so tired, I don't know what to do, I'm so tired, my mind is set on you

I wonder should I call you but I know what you'd do, you'd say I'm putting you on,

But it's no joke, It's doing me harm, you know I can't sleep

I can't stop my brain, you know it's three weeks, I'm going insane

You know I'd give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind

I'm so tired, I'm feeling so upset, although I'm so tired, I'll have another cigarette

And curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get, you'd say I'm putting you on,

But it's no joke, it's doing me harm, you know I can't sleep,

I can't stop my brain, you know it's three weeks, I'm going insane

You know I'd give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind

Give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind, give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind

Give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind

Blackbird

I was talking to my friend about that song the other day, and how it would be really good if only they didn't have that stupid bird in the background. He said they put that in there in order to cover up a couple of times when McCartney f***ed up the notes and the timing.

I was talking to my friend about that song the other day, and how it would be really good if only they didn't have that stupid bird in the background.  He said they put that in there in order to cover up a couple of times when McCartney f***ed up the notes and the timing.

This song was incredible in concert. I never really cared for the song too much either, until I heard the explanation of it, and heard it preformed live.

Anyone know a site that plays beastles songs and you dont have to download the songs to hear them?

I don't know any where you can pick your song streams, but here's a link to a LIVE365 station called "Beatles-A-Rama" that streams 24 hour Beatles and Beatles-related stuff:

http://www.live365.com/stations/jackallday

I just saw "American English" last weekend... I think I liked "That Guy" (I think that's the name of it...?) the best.

Also anyone know if there is a reason that "She loves you yea, yea, yea, yeaaaaa" is at the end of "All you need is love"..?

I just saw "American English" last weekend... I think I liked "That Guy" (I think that's the name of it...?) the best.

Also anyone know if there is a reason that "She loves you yea, yea, yea, yeaaaaa" is at the end of "All you need is love"..?

This Boy, IIRC

In my opinion, She Loves You was overlaid during the coda of All You Need is Loved as a musical joke on where the Beatles started to where they were at that point, tieing in a theme that "love" was always a key concept of theirs (look at all the ways they say "say the woid, the word is love" in song after song) and lyrically it lightened up what would have otherwise been overly didactic - they were doing a lot of playing with their own past and present music in the Magical Mystery Tour days -

In my opinion, She Loves You was overlaid during the coda of All You Need is Loved as a musical joke on where the Beatles started to where they were at that point, tieing in a theme that "love" was always a key concept of theirs (look at all the ways they say "say the woid, the word is love" in song after song) and lyrically it lightened up what would have otherwise been overly didactic - they were doing a lot of playing with their own past and present music in the Magical Mystery Tour days -

I agree, they were largely poking fun at, simultaneously, their 'pop moptop' beginnings, and their then-current and improbable positions as the musical/cultural/sociopolitical demigods of the day.

On a more inter-personal and snide note, although the bit worked to good effect I think there was also an element of Paul's ego – not entirely content to let a John song (All You Need Is Love) bask in the glory of the moment, the International TV simulcast of the performance, etc. John noted in several post-Beatles interviews that many of his songs that were haild as being daring and 'experimental' in nature ended up working despite the experimental elements rather than because of it, and that those experimental fluorishes were very often PAUL saying, "hey let's try this..." John was fairly bitter that Paul never considered screwing around with his own compositions in that way, but thought all John's stuff was fair game. And a lot of these sentiments remained with John until the end, as they fill up a good part of that most excellent final Playboy interview.

I agree, they were largely poking fun at, simultaneously, their 'pop moptop' beginnings, and their then-current and improbable positions as the musical/cultural/sociopolitical demigods of the day.

On a more inter-personal and snide note, although the bit worked to good effect I think there was also an element of Paul's ego – not entirely content to let a John song (All You Need Is Love) bask in the glory of the moment, the International TV simulcast of the performance, etc.  John noted in several post-Beatles interviews that many of his songs that were haild as being daring and 'experimental' in nature ended up working despite the experimental elements rather than because of it, and that those experimental fluorishes were very often PAUL saying, "hey let's try this..."  John was fairly bitter that Paul never considered screwing around with his own compositions in that way, but thought all John's stuff was fair game.  And a lot of these sentiments remained with John until the end, as they fill up a good part of that most excellent final Playboy interview.

and of course your futher word (snide may it be - Paul had an ego???????? :lol:) is exactly right

although I think you are a tad too hard on Paul, John could be experimental for sure, but for Paul to ego trip in the last bars on AYNIL is certainly no shocking statement!

I loved John's discussion in one of those interviews about never being satisifed with a final mix, the final released version, and after listening to the HJ cd and the 3 volumn 2-disk set, I marvel at all the arrangements they tried and played with -

I have a love/hate relationship with Mac. His brilliance was undeniable, as was his ego. At the same time, John was the king of snide (crass, rude, borish, etc., are equally applicable), and Paul is an unsung hero for keeping John in check and on task as well as he did for so many years.

What I find interesting, and has been proven by literally thousands of cover works, is so many of their songs could have been hits a dozen different ways. It would take a mad scientist to screw up Yesterday. It would take a deranged metal head to screw up Sgt. Peppers, etc.