Who do you like better

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Who does a better call of the game?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who does a better call of the game?

• Hawk and DJ
    • Rooney and Farmer

Tough to compare the 2 because they are on different media. If Hawk and DJ did the same broadcast on radio that they do on TV, people would be lost. If Rooney and Farmer did their radio broadcast on TV, people would say they talk way too much.

Hawk and DJ don't have to describe everything since the TV does that for them. It allows them to talk about other stuff that isn't necessarily shown on the screen. They can say "A great catch by (insert player)" and then watch the replay. Where Rooney and Farmeo would have to say "A great diving catch by (player). He had to sprint over to his right at full speed and dive headlong to make a great catch."

I mean, look at Harry. He was incoherent for years, but it didn't matter. People could see what was going on and didn't really need him.

Hawk and DJ may be more entertaining, but they don't have to focus so much on actually calling the game because the fan can actually see whats going on.

They are both solid teams, I just prefer Roons and Farmio over the homers on TV.

I love all of them, but I have to say Farm and Roon. There is more knowledge there and they speak the truth a little more. Hawk, to me, is what Ron Santo would be like if he was good at his job. I like Ronnie, and think he should have a talk show based soley on the Cubs, but he is no good for being in the booth. Hawk is a 100% company man, and obviously LOVES the Sox, but he lets his love get in the way of the job too much, but he is still great.

DJ is getting better each year. His first year made me SERIOULSY miss Wimpy. I still miss Wimp, and loved the interplay he had with Hawk, but DJ is the becoming the better broadcaster.

Farm and Roon just work great together, IMO, in every aspect.