SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BASEBALL TEAM!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

OK here we go. BIG series early in the season against the annoying hostess snack cakes from up north to determine who's gonna lead the division for the next little while.

We dont need any 18000-20000 type crowds, we gotta fill the place up, then scream & yell & support our boys in black!

I urge anybody who has the means to get their butts to the cell & cheer for our boys! I'll be going to Sat & Sundays games so I'm leading by example.

GO SOX!!!

:bringit :fthecubs :cheers :cheers :fthecubs :bringit

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The following excuses are UNEXCEPTABLE for not attending the cell*:

-Live out of the country/state. Leave now, and you'll be at the cell by gametime. No matter where in the world you live, its possible. "I live in Australia, I can't go to the cell....." SHUTUP.

-Work. Skip work, Cub fans do it. Being a "blue collared", stereotypical sox fan you probably work at a factory anyways. No big loss.

-No money. Work more.

-Upcoming finals. You're going to fail, so just take time and enjoy life before your miserable existence drags on.

-Family obligations: White Sox is you're real family fool. If you're a man (which I'm assuming all white sox fans are, since women don't watch sports), you will put a foot down and tell you girl to either 1. Shut her mouth or 2. Make dinner.

-Sports: Haven't you realized you suck at sports? Everybody is laughing at you, but yet you attend practice and act as if you're halfway talented. If you continue to damper the integrity of this site with your s***tiness, I will be forced to find you...and kick your ass. Quit now.

-No ride. Start walking! If you live in the south suburbs (no I won't pick you up) I recommend following the east side of the Dan Ryan up North. Don't belive your likely death will warrant your absense from the upcoming series. Atleast be curtious to the gunmen and leave a note that demands your bullet ridden corpse be placed outside the park.

There you go, all excuses covered with solutions to every problem. Nuke and I expect all Sox fans to be at the Cell this weekend supporting the team; so be there. :headbang :bringit

* Above thread was a joke. I'm sure most of you caught on, but just in case a misunderstanding occurs I didn't mean anything I said in the above post. :D

i am gonna be there for all three this weekend don't want to miss a big series such as this one

Welcome aboard. :cheers :drink :headbang :cheers

It'd be great if the Sox can atleast pull an average of 25,000 over the next three days. Weather isn't great, but looks decent for the weekend.

Today: May 14 Rain 66°/41° 90 % (chance for rain)

Sat: May 15 Mostly Sunny 59°/38° 0 %

Sun: May 16 Mostly Sunny 68°/50° 20 %

-Live out of the country/state. Leave now, and you'll be at the cell by gametime. No matter where in the world you live, its possible. "I live in Australia, I can't go to the cell....." SHUTUP.

-Work. Skip work, Cub fans do it. Being a "blue collar", stereotypical sox fan you probably work at a factory anyways. 

-No money. Work more.

-Upcoming finals.  You're going to fail, so just take time and enjoy life before your miserable life drags on.

-Family obligations: White Sox is you're real family fool. If you're a man (which I'm assuming all white sox fans are, since women don't watch sports), you will put a foot down and tell you girl to either 1. Shut her mouth or 2. Make dinner.

-No ride. Start walking! If you live in the south suburbs (no I won't pick you up) I recommend following the east side of the Dan Ryan up North.  Don't belive your likely death will warrant your absense from the upcoming series. Atleast be curtious to the gunmen and leave a note that demands your bullet ridden corpse be placed outside the park.

There you go, all excuses covered with solutions to every problem.  Nuke and I expect all Sox fans to be at the Cell this weekend supporting the team; so be there.  :headbang  :bringit

*  Above thread was a joke. I'm sure most of you caught on, but just in case a misunderstanding occurs I didn't mean anything I said in the above post.  :D

Nice inspirin speech there Flash, bout time sum1 went on a rant about the crowd numbers. :lol:

Knowing Cub fans, the corpse outside Wrigley would only become the scapegoat to another terrible season.

So does that mean that they are going to drag his rotting corpse across the warning track to break the curse or are they going to blow it up in center field?

thanks, so how many u gonna try to get in this weekend flash tizzle

All three. I have no job until June so I'm cherishing every moment of free time.

By the way, nice avatar (Don't know how long you'll be allowed to keep it, but nice nevertheless)

So does that mean that they are going to drag his rotting corpse across the warning track to break the curse or are they going to blow it up in center field?

If it was a Sox fan who was made scape goat, no doubt about it the body would be blown up. ;)

Though I disagree about the location, because extinguishing the curse in centerfield brings in no added revenue. Harry Careys restaurant would be perfect for this sort of shameless event

All three. I have no job until June so I'm cherishing every moment of free time.

By the way, nice avatar (Don't know how long you'll be allowed to keep it, but nice nevertheless)  yeah i know thats why i thought it would just be best to get rid of it

yeah i know thats why i thought it would just be best to get rid of it

Brian is out of a job as of today which means money will be tight so even though I did want to go, this weekend isn't going to be it. I will be cheering them on in spirit while having my Sox jacket nearby (which kept me really dry this morning).

there is something so pervesely and sickly funny about that, it makes me laugh

I best get some therapy I suppose but damn Nuke, somehow that is one of the best cubs one-liners in a long time, it works on so many (some sick) levels :cheers :cheers :cheers

-Work. Skip work, Cub fans do it. Being a "blue collared", stereotypical sox fan you probably work at a factory anyways.  No big loss.

-No money. Work more.

-Upcoming finals.  You're going to fail, so just take time and enjoy life before your miserable existence drags on.

-Sports: Haven't you realized you suck at sports? Everybody is laughing at you, but yet you attend practice and act as if you're halfway talented. If you continue to damper the integrity of this site with your s***tiness, I will be forced to find you...and kick your ass.  Quit now.

-No ride. Start walking! If you live in the south suburbs (no I won't pick you up) I recommend following the east side of the Dan Ryan up North.  Don't belive your likely death will warrant your absense from the upcoming series. Atleast be curtious to the gunmen and leave a note that demands your bullet ridden corpse be placed outside the park.

There you go, all excuses covered with solutions to every problem.  Nuke and I expect all Sox fans to be at the Cell this weekend supporting the team; so be there.  :headbang  :bringit

*  Above thread was a joke. I'm sure most of you caught on, but just in case a misunderstanding occurs I didn't mean anything I said in the above post.  :D

Even though a joke, I'm glad you didn't include "Sox fans fed up w/JR and his continual penny-pinching in an attempt to hopefully improve the team with cheap, easy to come by stop-gaps instead of spending some money in an attempt to definitely improve the team."

I've had about an ass-full of JR's s*** and I cannot take it anymore. This past offseason of practically nothing was the last straw. I'm taking my cue from JR and counting all the money I'm saving by watching the White Sox on TV instead of wasting it on a team that will probably make some moves before the trading deadline but will either not make the significant moves needed or will not fill the holes with the best players available. It's killing me to not attend one White Sox game this season that I have to pay for or to go out and support the guys on the field, but after 20+ years of nothing, I simply cannot fork money over to JR for zip/zilch anymore. And I definitely have the means.

I made a vow and I'm standing by it..... come hell or (more likely) high water.

-Upcoming finals.  You're going to fail, so just take time and enjoy life before your miserable existence drags on.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

I gotta get there sat. and sunday!!!

I was there yesterday. My season record is 5-2. I can't go tonight because I have to coach little league, and can't go tomorrow because my roomates band is playing, dare I say it, at the Cubby Bear. I know I know, I will be carefull, its dangerous there. I will be there Sunday though....