SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BASEBALL TEAM!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people should go! im going sunday! GO SOX!! If the attendence is less than 25,00 ill be pissed tommorrow there should be AT LEAST 30,000

The Herald said there was 14,000, 24,000, and 17,000 tickets sold for the games this weekend -- The Sox need a good walk up crowd, which will probably be largely weather dependant.

The Herald said there was 14,000, 24,000, and 17,000 tickets sold for the games this weekend -- The Sox need a good walk up crowd, which will probably be largely weather dependant.

so tonight my guess is 20,000 .....pathetic the weather sucks! when the cubs come back it'll be beautiful...77 and sunny.

Saturday will be cool but clearing out from what I'm hearing & Sunday looks like a beaut!

I do not understand when the Sox are able to draw 15,000 on a Friday night, in a a battle for 1st place, why the Chicago media would treat the team like the "other" team in Chicago.

I just picked a random Cub game and they drew 38,000 for a Thursday game, with worse weather, against the D-backs.

I do not understand when the Sox are able to draw 15,000 on a Friday night, in a a battle for 1st place, why the Chicago media would treat the team like the "other" team in Chicago.

Because they drew 15,000 in a battle for first place on a Friday night?

It was sad last night, but I expect alot of walk ups today. I know I'll be among them.

Because they drew 15,000 in a battle for first place on a Friday night?

It was sad last night, but I expect alot of walk ups today. I know I'll be among them.

The weather was pretty bad to where the long distance fan is not going to go.

The SOX need some local area fan promotions to pull the fans in on these days.

If you live more than 20 miles from the ball park & confront Fri's weather you're

not likely to go. But if you live w/in say 5 miles from the ball park if you could afford it you might go. If SOX make it affordable to these fans they would definitely increase attendance. Local area promotions would have no affect on the long distance fan which pretty much decides to go to the games when they feel like with indifference to price.

The better the weather the more likely the LD fan will go.

When in Chicago, I live w/in 50 mi of the ball park so I go to about 7-10 gms a year.

If I lived w/in 5 mi of the ball park, I would probably go to about 21-30 gms a year.

Wrigley draws 66% more fans than the Cell because the local area residents frequent the ballpark 2 to 1 over the SOX. That means the long distance fan base is a lot closer in proportion than the media suggests. The SOX need to build a local area fan base.

A game time temperature in the 40's is not going to help tonight.

I salute those who show up tonight.

I've been there in the past when it's been cold & turned rainy near the end & it's a horrible experience. Especially when the SOX lose. Last year it was the DET series that was yechh! We both lost & it was freezing drizzle. Stupid Wright.