BBTN Jeff Brantley on Koch

elrockinMT

On ESPN BBTN Jeff Brantley said the most important thing he saw about all of last nights baseball games was Bily Koch getting the save. He said Ozzie is showing Koch he is standing behind Billy as the closer and that will build up Koch's confidence. I was nervous when Billy walked that first batter, but he came back and got the 3-outs and handled the Orioles. We know we need Koch to win and I hope we get that consistency that he showed in the years prior to '03. I am pulling for him.

On ESPN BBTN Jeff Brantley said the most important thing he saw about all of last nights baseball games was Bily Koch getting the save. He said Ozzie is showing Koch he is standing behind Billy as the closer and that will build up Koch's confidence. I was nervous when Billy walked that first batter, but he came back and got the 3-outs and handled the Orioles. We know we need Koch to win and I hope we get that consistency that he showed in the years prior to '03. I am pulling for him.

yeah thats why the sox have been so successful they know they are not gonna get pulled out of the game if they make a mistake or two

Billy was strike one, strike two on everybody.  It was really a great outing.  I also read that was his 24th straight save against the Orioles.

i wonder what the record is for most saves in a row against one team 24 seems like alot to me

His pitching still scares me, but I love his enthusiasm on the mound. After every save, he's pumping his fist, slapping guys on the back, etc. The guy's competitive--he wants to win and everyone knows it. I think it's good for the Sox to see a guy act like that. Teams rally around guys like him. I hope he keeps this up.

yeah thats why the sox have been so successful they know they are not gonna get pulled out of the game if they make a mistake or two

I think you are right about that. It may be a little while into the season before we see consistency with our starters, but Ozzie has them concentrating on the batter and winning games rather than who's warming in the bullpen.

He is getting ahead of hitters and nobody is hitting him hard. The ball Crede dropped I beleive is the third time an infielder (Harris twice) dropped a double play ball after KOch ahd walked a hitter. If he was getting hit like he and Rick White were last year I would be cautious. He makes you nervous but is getting it done.

So what is everyone going to complain about if Billy stays on the right track?

I can guarantee that that will not happen. The Sox better be winning and winning big (4+ runs) in the 9th if they decide to bring Botch in this weekend against a never-say-die Twins team.

Billy was strike one, strike two on everybody.  It was really a great outing.  I also read that was his 24th straight save against the Orioles.

He got two strikes on everyone when he almost blew that save in baltimore. two strikes doesn't mean anything. He had two strikes last night until he threw 4 balls and gave the walk.

So what is everyone going to complain about if Billy stays on the right track?

Um, I'll consider him on the right track when he goes a couple games without walking someone...especially the "dreaded lead off walk"

one thing the Sox don't need is a late-inning loss against the Twinkies.

Twinkies play with tremendous confidence against the sox, as if they believe they can turn it on and win whenever they please -- like the last five games of last season.

So Koch has to stand tall this weekend. If he does that, he'll get the love. His velocity ain't what it used to be so he needs to show he understands how to trick hitters and command the strike zone.

If he doesn't, the b**** fest will resume.

one thing the Sox don't need is a late-inning loss against the Twinkies.

Twinkies play with tremendous confidence against the sox, as if they believe they can turn it on and win whenever they please -- like the last five games of last season.

So Koch has to stand tall this weekend. If he does that, he'll get the love. His velocity ain't what it used to be so he needs to show he understands how to trick hitters and command the strike zone.

If he doesn't, the b**** fest will resume.

Well spoken! :notworthy

I think we are going to see a Sox team that is charged and ready to go. :bringit :headbang