Does anyone know

BrandoFan

When you get to 7th grade maybe you'll have the intellect to figure it out.

Then again, my grandson - who is a boy - could figure it out and he is in 2nd grade -

so maybe not.

More empty noise from the worshipper of the whiny-ass, hateful, self-involved, tiny-talent Poseur...Just when will your bring your "facts" I wonder...? :)

I did give his sound engineers and producer credit for some of the cool beats. What else do you want?

ETA: 2nd grader "figuring out" Eminem? Proud grandparent, are you?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way RPS Korn won a grammy tonight - not of earth shattering importance but recognition of quality is always good.

And Em has won 2 - so far...

That's kool. I never get into the awards thing too much. I just see them in concert whenever they're in town. Korn indoors will make you deaf and give you the biggest adrenelin rush! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

When you get to 7th grade maybe you'll have the intellect to figure it out.

Then again, my grandson - who is a boy - could figure it out and he is in 2nd grade -

so maybe not.

More empty noise. When will your bring your "facts" I wonder...? :)

I did give his sound engineers and producer credit for some of the cool beats. What else do you want?

ETA: 2nd grader "figuring out" Eminem. Pround grandparent, are you?

What facts did you have? "Kiss sucks, eminem sucks and their fans are morons" . that's about all you said. I dont think their accountants will agree. If you're good, you make money. I dont like eminem, but i dont think he sucks since his paycheck in 1 night is what i make in a year. He's doing something right. Seems like you have a problem with entertainers with a lot of followers.

Considering that none of KISS "musicians" can play instruments or sing and the lead singer is one of the most loathsome f***ers in the Western hemisphere...way to go in other words.  They make AC/DC look like rock Beatles and Brian Johnson sound like Mario Lanza. 

kiss S.U.C.K.S., ah'it?

If you don't know KISS just say it, instead of talking s*** out of your f***in' ass.

Considering that none of KISS "musicians" can play instruments or sing and the lead singer is one of the most loathsome f***ers in the Western hemisphere...way to go in other words.  They make AC/DC look like rock Beatles and Brian Johnson sound like Mario Lanza.  

kiss S.U.C.K.S., ah'it?

If you don't know KISS just say it, instead of talking s*** out of your f***in' ass.

LOL!

ETA: 2nd grader "figuring out" Eminem?  Proud grandparent, are you?

Yes, my 2nd grader grandson gets Eminem*, and I am very proud of my grandson. I am also proud that he can go from discussing Eminem to Tschiakovski (which he has seen performed, with me) to a host of other things. Before the year is out he will go to a bunch of games at Comiskey with me, Lyric Opera, Museum of Contemporary Art, and Eminem at Ford Field in Detroit. He is a very well rounded child, and I am indeed most proud of him, love him so much, and love his parents. My grandson's father, my son, is a Marine stationed God knows where right now and is also an Eminem fan. Now if you have more to say about my grandson I'll put you in touch with his father and you can say it to his face.

*he does a beautiful job rapping the first two verses of Lose Yourself and the same portion of 8 Mile. And in fact, we were rapping together just yesterday. He likes Jay-Z, 50 Cent, and Nas a lot, too. We also listened to some Puccini and discussed what his first opera will be. And planned our trips to Comiskey to see "our Sox" as he calls them.

Category 18

Best Metal Performance

(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Here To Stay

Korn

I haven't seen them yet but I would love to -

Go to Ozz fest with me!!!!! Marlyn Manson will be there too. :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

what are the dates? I may very well take you up on that! I think you'd be the world's best person to go to OzzFest with!

His wife does it for me. Even if she is damn near 50.

There not actually married...just living together in an "open relationship" for 19 years.

A whore, in my estimation, has more credibility than a wife, and I'll tell you why. A wife is supposed to marry you for love. A whore is not there for love, she's there to service you. Now, the difference between them is a whore, before she does her work, will tell you exactly what it is. She'll tell you, "Blow job? This'll cost you seventy-five dollars. This is not love, and after I'm done I never want to see you again." Full disclosure is what they call it in court. A wife will tell you s***. A wife will tell you nothing. She's about to marry you. If you get divorced, she's going to take 50 percent of your gross pretax dollars and try to get more. Now, before you get married, if you dare bring up the notion, "By the way, let's just be completely honest with each other, what happens if we break up?" she will cry and tell you, "That's so unromantic." You know who's more credible? The whore.

-Gene Simmons

How can one NOT know such an intricate masterpiece as "Rock-n''Roll All Night" when it's sung by a capella of drunk, no-voice morons...You;re killin' me here.

If you're good, you make money

What utopian world are YOU living in, pal? Oh, that's right- the one where KISS is the 3rd highest selling band, that one. You're a riot.

Category 18

Best Metal Performance

(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Here To Stay

Korn

I haven't seen them yet but I would love to -

Go to Ozz fest with me!!!!! Marlyn Manson will be there too. :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

what are the dates? I may very well take you up on that! I think you'd be the world's best person to go to OzzFest with!

July 20th at the tweeter center. tix go on sale 3-16. i'm still debating weather i want the 40.00 lawn seat or the 80.00 pavillion seat. It sounds so much better in teh pavillion. I normally hate out door concerts, but if you're in the seats at the tweeter center, it's not too bad.

What utopian world are YOU living in, pal? Oh, that's right- the one where KISS is 3rd highest selling band, that one. You're a riot.

Yeah, that's the one, and it's true. I dont think they're the best band out there, but you make yourself sound clueless when you say they have no tallent.

We seem to be confusing "talent" with "popularity". Common mistake.

What's their talent then? 'Cause it sure as hell NOT songwriting or playing. And I am not even going to go into tongue-swingign' barf-screamer that I am told was their vocalist...Give it up, dude. Their talent is making money, but that's it.

Like I said, Eminem IS entertaining to me, albeit for dubious readsons. And I wouldnt't want to talk ANYONE out of liking him even if it were possible. World is way more interesting when it's diverse anyway. Peace.

July 20th at the tweeter center. tix go on sale 3-16. i'm still debating weather i want the 40.00 lawn seat or the 80.00 pavillion seat. It sounds so much better in teh pavillion. I normally hate out door concerts, but if you're in the seats at the tweeter center, it's not too bad.

Let's do pavillion if you need something to break the tie of what to do - pick up a ticket for me so I can sit with you - I want to share the Korn experience with their biggest fan - and I'll pay you when I see you opening day. The 20th works very well for me - so let's do it!

Let's do pavillion if you need something to break the tie of what to do - pick up a ticket for me so I can sit with you - I want to share the Korn experience with their biggest fan - and I'll pay you when I see you opening day. The 20th works very well for me - so let's do it!

sweet! Gonna get in the mosh pit with me? :headbang

So what the hell kind of music do you like anyway ?

All kinds...as long as it falls within (a wide) category of 'good'. Seriously from classical music to modern classical music to boadway musicals and classical jazz to blues, R&B, rock, pop rap, experiemntal, folk, native. AS LONG AS IT'S GOOD and ORIGINAL and INSPIRING.

And KISS ain't it.

How can one NOT know such an intricate masterpiece as "Rock-n''Roll All Night" when it's sung by a capella of drunk, no-voice morons...You;re killin' me here.

If you're good, you make money

What utopian world are YOU living in, pal? Oh, that's right- the one where KISS is the 3rd highest selling band, that one. You're a riot.

1) Gene Simmons has never been drunk or high in his life.

2) Paul Stanley sings lead on more songs than Simmons does.

3) If popularity and sales mean so little to you, why do you use "Rock and Roll All Nite", (KISS' most commercially succesfull & best known song) as your example of a KISS song.

4) Your ass has to be damn near empty by now.

1) Gene Simmons has never been drunk or high in his life.

2) Paul Stanley sings lead on more songs than Simmons does.

3) If popularity and sales mean so little to you, why do you use "Rock and Roll All Nite", (KISS' most commercially succesfull & best known song) as your example of a KISS song.  

4) Your ass has to be damn near empty by now.

1. Minor technicality...doesn't fix his enormous lack of talent.

2. Key word "a capella", though I did use it tongue-in-cheekly. Also: See 1.

3. Non sequitur

4. Bwaaa!!

All kinds...as long as it falls within (a wide) category of 'good'. Seriously from classical music to modern classical music to boadway musicals and classical jazz to blues, R&B, rock, pop rap, experiemntal, folk, native. AS LONG AS IT'S GOOD and ORIGINAL and INSPIRING.

And KISS ain't it.

Any music is inspiring if you like it. A good drum solo or guitar solo to start always helps and no matter how bad you think kiss is instrumentally, they must have done something right. I know plenty of idiot bar bands that are entertaing and goofy as can be but sound like a 13 year old garage band with a diesel truck running in the back ground . The guitar is one of the best parts of their songs. that's what grabs the attention. And they have caught the attention of a few.

Say you dont like them, fine, but to say they have no talent is asanine.

And KISS ain't it.

Oh, really?

One thing to be said about Eminem: like Tupac before him he efinately has ACTING potential, though it does mostly depend on his charisma/personality, which limits his range so far. With some hard work and luck, he may be successful in that avenue. Certainly more than Miss Spears or Justin...Speaking of which, what's Britney's talent? Cuz according to the sales, she must be the greatest singer-dancer in the WOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD...Yo.

Say you dont like them, fine, but to say they have no talent is asanine.

I don't like them and think they are HORRIBLE. Of course they probably have more talent than a said 13yo playing in a garage...what is asinine is comparing them to 7th grader goofing off. You wouldn't mind if I said Royce Clayton or Mark Johnson have "no hitting talent", would you? I mean, they ARE better than your average 13yo and are millionaires...but common, it's silly to use the lowest denominator. KISS put a lot of money into pyrotechnics, sung ballsier-dumber songs then their contemporaries and grabbed their demographic early...the rest is commercial history.

In the immortal words of the late great Shanai Twain, "It don't impress me much"