Ozzie

Soxfest

Tony82087 brought this up in another thread, and I'm starting to think it might be a good idea. Ozzie should switch Frank and Mags back to 3 and 4 with the way they've both played up to this point. Frank's gotten on plenty of times through walks, etc, and it really makes sense for him to be on base to continue the inning.

I've been around. Lurking mostly and reading posts. I needed a break from posting for a few months. But I'm back!!!!!

Cool good to see your back, I always enjoyed reading your post on various topics.

Tony8287 brought this up in another thread, and I'm starting to think it might be a good idea.  Ozzie should switch Frank and Mags back to 3 and 4 with the way they've both played up to this point.  Frank's gotten on plenty of times through walks, etc, and it really makes sense for him to be on base to continue the inning.

Agreed. It seems like Maggs concentrates even more when there is a runner on base and is the best man to hit it to right field to advance the runner. And Maggs is also batting .318 in the last three years in the 4 spot.

Check Jose's career stats.

He's a good baseball player.

I am rooting for Uribe but he ain't Jose.

Juan Uribe

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

344 1263 163 336 64 23 28 148 67 256 23 6 .266 .307 .420 .727

.972 fielding percentage 47 errors

José Valentín

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

1326 4462 721 1100 248 33 200 663 510 1040 118 46 .247 .324 .451 .776

.957 fielding percentage 166 errors

Even though it doesnt matter what career stats are in one season, Valentin's stats dont prove he is a better player.

Your right, Uribe isnt Jose. He's better than that this year.

The only thing Jose has going for him is his LH power. That's the only reason he is in the lineup IMO.

BTW, the reason Maggs and Frank were switched was because Frank thought it would be best for the team. In the 3 spot last year, Frank would draw his walk, and then quite a bit after that Maggs would hit a hard grounder to the SS, 3Bman, or 2Bman, and the opposition got two outs faster then hell. I liked the switch going into the year, but just because you switch like that does not mean you can't switch them now and then to shake up the lineup.

I've had enough of Jose in the #2 hole already, put Carlos back up in there. Performed well there a couple of days ago, Uribe will start tomorrow for sure, probably for Crede I'd say.