silva,toughest of the three starters this series??

qwerty

i think the sox really screwed themselves by letting both of the first two games of the series tinkle away because they have to face carlos silva who is the best out of the the starting pitching the sox have faced this series. since they can't hit pitchers that have era's in the sixes maybe they can hit silva who has an era of 3.11

not trying to be negative at all but i think if silva has his power sinker going the sox just may be getting swept, hope im wrong though

I hope not, what I saw in the only game I've seen of Silva so far, was that he pitched well for 6 innings, but was really chased in the 7th. If we can work the pitch count, get him to throw a lot of pitches early, we could hav sum success of him later in the ballgame. :o

Silva is 5-0 this year, and 13-1 lifetime in the majors :o

Hopefully after today he will be 5-1 and 13-2 lifetime. I think Mark Buerhle will give is a great effort. Now if we can score at least 4 runs we can win for sure. I am not optimistic about our offense, but 4 runs might be manageable. I think Mark will be tough and if he give up 0 or even 2 or 3 runs it will be another great pitching effort by our starters. The question is: Have the Sox ever faced Silva before?

And we could hav had a nice version of him in Joe Blanton.  ;)  :headshake

I brought up Harden because he had like 3 or 4 wins and no losses coming into Chicago. He was getting all that hype, and we took care of him nicely. We seemed to do that same thing against Silva today. Good deal. ;)