Jose had two errors today

witesoxfan

Except all of Jose's errors last year did not exceed just one Uribe f*** up THIS year (I think on Vizquel's chopper) that led to 5 runs. 

Kelly Dranfelt had a 4-run error, which incidentally 1 more than 8 of Jose's errors this year combined.

[/perspective]

PS I do agree agree Manos assumes he has an out before the ball is in the glove WAAAY too much.  Most of his errors are extremely avoidable.    In fact, the tougher the play the more likely he is to make it.......Still, it helps to keep things in perspective.  As long as he doesn't exceed 20 errors, he'll be a good SS when things like arm, range and DP are tallied up. He's gonna have to bear down in the next couple of months, that's for sure.

Uribe has 3 errors this season. 2 as a secondbaseman in a win against KC, and 1, the only 1 he has made as a shortstop in the debacle against the Yankees where the Yankees did not score 1 unearned run all night. Check the facts. He also saved a game when Koch was walking the world, on a tough hop last out against Baltimore.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uribe has 3 errors this season. 2 as a secondbaseman in a win against KC, and 1, the only 1 he has made as a shortstop in the debacle against the Yankees where the Yankees did not score 1 unearned run all night. Check the facts. He also saved a game when Koch was walking the world, on a tough hop last out against Baltimore.

Who said Uribe's 5-run causing f***-up against Cleveland had to be an error? :huh

And I'll put my facts up against yours any day of the week, Dick. Only I'll use more than just Fielding %.

As far as annoiting Uribe the next Vizquel.....He had 27 errors the last time he played full-time SS. Not that I give a s*** about errors either way, but you know, since you wanted facts and all.

And he "saved" the game against Baltimore by taking a bad route to Tejada's line-hopper which was only 2 feet to his left, so that he had to catch the ball literally behind him. He made that play look unnecessary difficult.

s***, Valentin "saved" the Sox in a similar fashion quite a few times over the years. More than quite a few times in fact. He makes a good play almost every game, most of the time un-aknowledged. So what does 1 play prove when there are some 800 "reachable" balls hit in a SS's direction over the course of a

162- game season?

Listen, you won't change my mind and I won't change yours. To you Manos is a worthless butcher. To me he is actually underrated, even if not exactly a GG'er. Shall we move on? :cheers