As the weather changes, so do the bats

CSF

I hope the Sox have seen the last of sub 50 degree weather for awhile. Besides today, the one day where it was nice, the offense generated 15 runs. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, & Saturday were all crappy days. Nice day today brought some more runs across the board. Anyone know the forecast in Cleveland the next 3 days?

Yes, it is proven that better weather equals hotter bats because:

A.) Humidity

B.) In less thick air...then the ball travels farther and can be hit on a line

Beastly, you forgot that the "darkies" come out:

1) At night

2) When the weather gets hot

Dusty said so.

I hope the Sox have seen the last of sub 50 degree weather for awhile.  Besides today, the one day where it was nice, the offense generated 15 runs.  Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, & Saturday were all crappy days.  Nice day today brought some more runs across the board.  Anyone know the forecast in Cleveland the next 3 days?

That's a poor excuse. In April we were hitting the cover off the ball & it was cold back then. Their problem is when they start trying to kill every damn thing and forget about the walks and singles.

doesnt humidity = more thick air :huh

Yeah, that's why the ball travels forever in Colorado which is a mile high, less humid. Then in Dodger Stadium which is like at sea level the ball doesn't go anywhere.

That's a poor excuse.  In April we were hitting the cover off the ball & it was cold back then.  Their problem is when they start trying to kill every damn thing and forget about the walks and singles.

Not really. The weather was pretty decent for the month of April. A little more rain than usual, but somewhat decent. This month has been brutal. Nothing but cold air and rain.

The weather is a crap excuse. The reason their bats go south at times is because the core of the lineup-- Ordonez, Thomas, Lee, Konerko, are all terrible adjustment makers at the plate, and can all be pitched to basically the same way. It's been 3 years of this, and its been the same crap each year with the bats. Two of these guys have to go. I'd prefer it were Konerko and Lee, but realistically it's probably Ordonez and Lee.

THere's a side of me that will be glad if the Sox dont contend this year. On one hand, we'll get guys like Reed up here to get them a taste of the majors, so they're better prepared to play next season, and on the other hand, with the Yankees getting old and Boston with 37 free agents at the end of the year, this would be a great offseason to reload and go at it next year, without there being much of any favorite in the AL along the lines of this year's NY and Boston teams.

With the exception of Tuesday & yesterday, absolutely no ball was carrying any distance unless the batter hit the hell out of it. With the weather supposed to be nice for the 3 game series in Cleveland, I expect them to put up some decent numbers, but will also expect those numbers to fall in the climate-controlled Metrodome this weekend.

I expect them to put up some decent numbers, but will also expect those numbers to fall in the climate-controlled Metrodome this weekend.

Especially if the facilities people opt for "climate-controlling" the Baggie to a home team advantage as they have been purported to do - blasting the OF air ducts during the top of each inning to minimize the visiting team long ball threat etc.... :bang

See, a little decent weather today, and the bats respond again. I know it's only a minor portion of their success, but seeing how rain and cold weather kept the Sox scoring to 6 runs in 2 games, a little warmup can do something for those bats. Now with that being said, I hope the Sox do everything they can to disprove this theory the next 4 days in that hellhole called the Metrodome.