Game Thread for 5/17

The Beast

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I just don't think we can afford to keep pitching him. Lets march some guys up here while working the phones for a trade. Diaz is a middel reliever not a quality starter. He is Jon Adkins two years ago. We need to get serious about contending. hard to  make up those games later. Also Diaz next start is agianst the Twins in the dome. You guys want him there? forget it. It won't happen. Rauch or a trade will need to happen the next few days. I will see diaz in arizona in March.

He's nothing like Adkins, Jon is a hard thrower who blows it by guys, Diaz is more location and movement. No similarities at ALL.

He's nothing like Adkins, Jon is a hard thrower who blows it by guys, Diaz is more location and movement.  No similarities at ALL.

I am not comparing his style, I am comparing his maturity and pitching talent. Adkins was going to be our next 5th starter, he will just be a middle inning guy. The same for this guy. That is what I meant. just an opinon.

the sox need to really watch how the twins play and win games, they stay calm and focused and don't always try to swing for the fences, they gave up a lead, didn't panic and came back to win by 4...time for the sox to play like a real professional team.

Top 5, 5-1 CLE

Olivo F9,1out

Uribe Fo2, 2out

Rowand F5, /

CAN YOU SAY PA-THET-IC?

Bot 5, 5-1 CLE

We are done for this game.

You can just tell when we're not going to score any more runs.....*Sigh*

*Has visions of the nightmare known as 2003*

CWSOX45

the sox need to really watch how the twins play and win games, they stay calm and focused and don't always try to swing for the fences, they gave up a lead, didn't panic and came back to win by 4...time for the sox to play like a real professional team.

They are well managed

Got home late and had the VCR set up to record Indians and Sox on ESPN. Rain delayed the game and I suffered with the Twinkies. Also see that the rookie has given up 5 more runs before the 5th inning is done. I think Ozzie has a screw loose if he thinks this guy is doing better than Wright. They both suck. I think we need to try and get someone else for the #5 starter and hope we get a win. 1 run by the Sox? Once again offense all blown in one game, but at least I got to watch that one yesterday and it was fun. I know you guys have been have already been saying the things I just said, but I hope you understand my need.

Friggin Diaz - he settles down nicely, but too much damage done. When he gets killed it's because he leaves pitches right over the meat of the plate. If only he could have put it together for one of his past two starts. Damn.

Kenny has a huge decision to make, start Diaz against the Twins, start Rauch, start another guy from AAA or AA, or pull the trigger on a deal for another starter. I'd like the fourth option but then again, I dunno...

It just amazes me. This is the second time following a high scoring offensive showing by the Sox they follow it up with NOTHING. I am so tired of watching these guys constantly swinging for the fences. The Sox need to get more contact hitters.

AMEN!

I say deal Kong for anything right now....

How cheap could we get Randall Simon? Left handed batter, contact hitter.....anyone?

CWSOX45