Game Thread for 5/17

The Beast

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Im surprised at all the people already giving up on this game.  We have six innings left and we already lost?  Come on guys... :headshake

realistically the sox have been playing like s*** for the last two weeks. We have nobody that can hit unless we hit home runs, we have average pitching. This game is done. The sox quite franky look alot like last year right now. Really the same problems exist. Hey maybe its not the manager. Maybe its the damn players.

Giv Diaz til the end of the month at least, if he still sucks, then maybe we trade for another starter. Rauch has been fairly good down at Charlotte without setting the world on fire, but he did a good last outing.

Well, whoever the fifth starter is, we are going to need a start from that person against the Twins.  Jon Rauch dominated the Twinkies, give him a chance?  If not, Kenny is going to have to pull the trigger quickly.

Was that in 2001? I don't mind giving him another shot, but I like Diaz. He just has to learn to locate his pitches better. Than again I don't know if we can afford to give him another start against the Twins.

Why didn't Garland pitch tonight?

CWSOX45

garland didnt pitch tonight cuz he threw the same day as diaz in the DH, except diaz threw 67 pitches, garlans 123

So what the hell are we going to do for the Twins series? I don't feel comfortable throwing Diaz out there against the Twins.....sigh....

CWSOX45

Personally I just don't think we can afford to keep pitching him. Lets march some guys up here while working the phones for a trade. Diaz is a middel reliever not a quality starter. He is Jon Adkins two years ago. We need to get serious about contending. hard to make up those games later. Also Diaz next start is agianst the Twins in the dome. You guys want him there? forget it. It won't happen. Rauch or a trade will need to happen the next few days. I will see diaz in arizona in March.