Jon Garland

WhiteSoxPride3035

i like jon garland alot probally my 2nd fav sox next to thomas he is only like 23 so i think he could improve alot. he already has 2 years of experience so who knows what he is capable of

what do you think MB can do if he continues to improve some of the current ones and maybe add another pitch

Jon Garland is still very young, and has shown glimpses of greatness. He will be a Cy Young candidate in the future, he will be the Ace of this staff if and when Mark Buerhle leaves. Hell, even if Mark doesn't leave Garland has a good chance to show him up. He has the pitches and the tools to be an all-star, and once he gains better command of his pitches he will be an all-star. In a few years Garland will be picking up 20 wins, I promise you. If Garland isn't in the front running for a Cy Young by the time he is 28 years old, then everyone on this board can kick me in my big fat ripe testicles.

danny wright has a better chance of developing into a cy young award winner...will he???. i doubt it...i mean any starting pitcher in the majors could develop into a cy young award winner...but how many actually do???..unles youre in pedro's class there are so many things that have to go right to win a cy young...

but if i had to bet on which pitcher goes farther id take wright..cant go with the surfer boy :lol:

He has shown signs of greatness the last 2 years.  I think he could become a Cy Young contender.  But that will take consistency.  ONly time will tell. :huh:

Very true. Jon has the stuff. If he develops consistency, especially this season, we could be one of the only teams in baseball with 3 potential 20-game winners.

Jon and Danny are going to be really good pitchers.  So is Rauch.  I'm really confident that all these guys will develop into more then just back of the end guys.

Lets hope so, cause with all the talent we have coming up we should have a damn good staff and a lot of good prosects to trade.

This is a good question to have, but I have got to ask it anyways.

Say in two years(when Honel, Malone, Munoz, etc....are ready) that we have one of the top 3 rotations in baseball with a Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Wright and Rauch rotation(with Garland, Wright and Rauch pitching very well)...what in the hell do you do with Honel, Malone, Munoz, etc?

Say in two years(when Honel, Malone, Munoz, etc....are ready) that we have one of the top 3 rotations in baseball with a Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Wright and Rauch rotation(with Garland, Wright and Rauch pitching very well)...what in the hell do you do with Honel, Malone, Munoz, etc?

Well, some of those guys may be coming due for huge contracts so you made trade them to help you in other areas. Still, you have to wait and see just how everyone pans out and wait.

I don't think this is a bad dillema to have though.

You can figure on Colon being elsewhere if we have that much good young(read: cheap) pitching talent. That's just the JR way.

Yeah, you don't wanna be a terrible team like the Yankees and have about 8 starters on your team.

- Pete

danny wright has a better chance of developing into a cy young award winner...will he???. i doubt it...i mean any starting pitcher in the majors could develop into a cy young award winner...but how many actually do???..unles youre in pedro's class there are so many things that have to go right to win a cy young...

but  if i had to bet on which pitcher goes farther id take wright..cant go with the surfer boy :lol:

Danny Wright is more likely to win the lottery....... he is nowhere near the level of talent that Jon Garland is.

I think that Garland definitely has the tools to be a CY Young canidate...... I dont know if he will....... but he could

but  if i had to bet on which pitcher goes farther id take wright..cant go with the surfer boy :lol:

Danny Wright is more likely to win the lottery....... he is nowhere near the level of talent that Jon Garland is.

I think that Garland definitely has the tools to be a CY Young canidate...... I dont know if he will....... but he could.

I totally agree with you here. Wright may have had a higher number in the W coulmn, but Garland has so much more potential. And, as for our future starters (like Malone and Munoz), I think they will replace starters such as Colon, who we will trade in the future, possibly for salary cap reasons. We just have to wait and see how this plays out. A look on the bright side though, no matter how it turns out, I will be happy with our lineup, be it our future starters, current starters, or a mix of the two.

but  if i had to bet on which pitcher goes farther id take wright..cant go with the surfer boy :lol:

I think that Garland definitely has the tools to be a CY Young canidate...... I dont know if he will....... but he could.

I totally agree with you here. Wright may have had a higher number in the W coulmn, but Garland has so much more potential. And, as for our future starters (like Malone and Munoz), I think they will replace starters such as Colon, who we will trade in the future, possibly for salary cap reasons. We just have to wait and see how this plays out. A look on the bright side though, no matter how it turns out, I will be happy with our lineup, be it our future starters, current starters, or a mix of the two.

when jon garland is throwing 96 mph in the latter innings then come talk to me..wright has much better stuff...now whether that translates into him being a better pitcher is another story...if it took stuff and nothing else mark buehrle wouldnt have made it out of high school

I hope Jon isn't throwing 96 in the later innings of the game cause when he throws hard his pitch is completely straight. The big reason he improved so much this season was he wasn't overthrowing and was trusting his pitches.

Sorry Baggs, I don't agree with your assessment of velocity although I do agree that Wright has just as good of a shot as Garland at winning the Cy Young.