Aaron Rowand

southsideirish

Unfortunatly I will have to bomb Aaron Rowand on this one. The guy sucks, that stance is costing him his stats. If you look at his stats, his average has gone down almost .75 points from last year. Yes I know it is early in the season, but have you seen his K's? They have gone up while his hits have gone down. There is evidence that he sucks, majorly and horribly. Call Reed up now, PLEASE!

It's not his stance that is costing him, it was that stance that gave him that huge lift last year. I've always been a fan of aaron but he's a 4th outfielder that's it. Willie should be in center and keep the same lineup out there everyday that ozz put out there yesterday.

How do you figure?

His value is at its absolutel lowest, there is no longer a bike accident excuse.

Who is going to start against LHP?  Timo can't hit them.  Valentin is weak against them.  Willie is overmatched.

Aaron has made his living on lefties. Which should now be his platoon role.

Well then keep Rowand and trade Timo.. Either way, one of them isn't needed..

Does ARow still have any supporters? Does anyone think he still has not received a chance to play every day or received a fair shake? I think we have seen enough to see that he is just a 4th OF and not a starter. Does anyone disagree and think we still need to see more of him?

A-Row is a pretty good defensive center fielder but he hasn't hit worth a lick since he's been here.

Last season I was big on the "Let him play everyday and see what happens" but he's had a chance to play most every day since the beginning of the season & he hasn't hit anything. Until he figures out what's wrong & starts swinging the bat better then he's a defensive replacement in the late innings & not much more.

Well then keep Rowand and trade Timo.. Either way, one of them isn't needed..

Yeah, but who is going to hit RHP if Willie starts sucking?

Timo is mediocre but he's the kind of insurence you need in a long season. Compared to Armando Rios, whose interests include disco groping and watching pop-ups fall in, Timo is an all-star.

Yeah, but who is going to hit RHP if Willie starts sucking?

Timo is mediocre but he's the kind of insurence you need in a long season. Compared to Armando Rios, whose interests include disco groping and watching pop-ups fall in,  Timo is an all-star.

haha -- anyways, Willie can hit righties and if he starts sucking you have guys like i mentioned earlier that can come up...

I'm sure there are people that are going to start dumping all over Willie Harris if he hits a bad stretch but I think he's the real deal.

What part of 'insurence' did I not make clear? :huh

Timo has a World Series experience, is tolerable in CF, can run AND was kicking some major RHP ass in 2002.

If Willie falters, he could slide in no problem. If you get rid of him, it's Ross Gload in CF time.

Bring up Reed and bench Rowand or option him to AAA and release Timo if you keep Rowand in Chicago.

Do you even realize that:

1. Reed is a LH'er.

2. Had a horrible spring.

3. Has absolutely no power in friggin' Charlotte, possibly wrist injury-related.

4. After today's game has a 940 OPS against LHP - and he is ice cold right now.

Rawand is the cheapest and BESY option against lefties. That's why he stays.

Harris/Perez start against righties. Reed stays in AAA for the entire year and ONLY comes up when he can muster 550 Slugging.