Time for something new!

It is time to send Diaz back down though.  It's not that hard to see.  The Sox brought him up to see if he could handle the big leagues(and after starting out as hot as he did in AAA, why not?).  He couldn't, so why not send him back down to AAA for seasoning and maturing. 

He looks like he could be a solid pitcher someday.  He doesn't have much for breaking stuff, but I could see him turning into a solid #3 or #4 pitcher someday.  He's got decent pop on his fastball, he's just young right now.  Young pitchers make mistakes like that. 

It's not like we(atleast me anyways...I assume others on here as well) are judging Diaz on one or two starts alone.  We are judging the #5 starter as a whole this year, and a weakness is becoming more and more apparent as each day passes...the #5 starter has sucked.  We need a #5 starter whose ERA will atleast be around 5.00.  Give me 6 strong innings per start from my #5...is that so much to ask for?

apparently that is to much to ask, at least it seems that way the last few years

You can't consistently f***ing win if your starter each 5th game is crap like Danny Wright or Felix Diaz.  KW sucks because he hasn't tried to fix this problem since he became in charge of the Sox.  Everyone knew Wright wouldn't get the job done, but KW kept being stubborn.  Now, we're stuck with Felix "BP" Diaz.  3 games back, here we come.

Just like everyone "Knew" Schoenewies wouldn't get the job done. Danny Wright looked very good in ST and SS sucked in ST.

just like when everyone or at least alot of people looked at shingo's st stats they thought he was gonna bomb. there was even some talk of him being sent down to triple a. but look now he may be orur best guy out of the pen we have at this point in the season.

apparently that is to much to ask, at least it seems that way the last few years

BTW, qwerty...a 5.00 ERA is not good for any pitcher in any situation. What I was implying by saying that is that it would be good for what we've seen out of the #5 spot in the rotation this year.