We are so Fu**in' Lethargic!!

maggsmaggs

Today he had 2 HR's and 7 RBI's, but I want to see him perform on a consistent basis.  It does seem like the few games he's felt good all year, he has produced though (that includes spring training).

Wow, big game for Borch, glad to hear it...It's a mental thing with Borchard, nothing else is wrong with his game. Once he gets the mental part of the game (which is easier said than done) he'll be a big league regular.

Wow, big game for Borch, glad to hear it...It's a mental thing with Borchard, nothing else is wrong with his game.  Once he gets the mental part of the game (which is easier said than done) he'll be a big league regular.

I agree. I know he is way too talented to give up on, yet. Somewhere along the line, hopefully soon, something might click in that head of his and there will be no stopping the guy.

I agree.  I know he is way too talented to give up on, yet.  Somewhere along the line, hopefully soon, something might click in that head of his and there will be no stopping the guy.

I would like to see him put together a hot streak and get that average up near the .280 range...Right now I believe he's at .235ish.

I would like to see him put together a hot streak and get that average up near the .280 range...Right now I believe he's at .235ish.

If he gets that average up to .280 in a few weeks time, then he needs to be brought up and inserted into the line up. That means he'll be hitting at over a .300 clip between now and then. Play him while he is swinging the bat well, and maybe he will get the confidence to continue hitting.

You know, this is the same "core" of hitters we've had the past 2-3 years, and I don't know why everyone is so surprised. Most power hitters who swing for the fences are known for going into prolonged slumps once in a while, and when you have a lineup chock full with those kind of hitters, you run the risk of a bunch of them slumping at the same time. This is an all-or-nothing lineup, like it or not. They'll either bash a pitcher's brains in or they'll overswing and barely get 5 hits a game as a team. With this lineup, there is no real in-between (in my mind at least). Trying to play "smallball" with this lineup is like trying to win a drag race against a '67 Camaro with an '87 Impala. It's possible, but not probable.

By the way, our offense would look much better if we had just acquired a few "grinders." :headshake

You know, this is the same "core" of hitters we've had the past 2-3 years, and I don't know why everyone is so surprised.  Most power hitters who swing for the fences are known for going into prolonged slumps once in a while, and when you have a lineup chock full with those kind of hitters, you run the risk of a bunch of them slumping at the same time.  This is an all-or-nothing lineup, like it or not.  They'll either bash a pitcher's brains in or they'll overswing and barely get 5 hits a game as a team.  With this lineup, there is no real in-between (in my mind at least). 

By the way, our offense would look much better if we had just acquired a few "grinders." :headshake

Welcome back Pastime! Long time no see.

If we're going to talk about proposed changes, I'll go ahead and tell ya what should happen... :lol: (Note: I am not into hypothetical BS trades that will never happen so I will just use the goods we are provided.)

Move #1: Option Timo Perez to AAA Charlotte, hope someone claims him off of waivers.  If not he is our CF in Charlotte.

Move #2: Purchase the contract of Jeremy Reed and place him on the Sox roster.

Move #3: Option Felix Diaz to AAA Charlotte, recall Kelly Wunsch.

The pitching roster would then look like this:

Starters: Buehrle, Garland, Loaiza, Schoenweis, Cotts

Bullpen: Politte, Adkins, Wunsch, Marte, Koch, Takatsu, Jackson

Offense (everyday lineup):

2B Harris/Uribe (play the hot hand, play Uribe at 3B as well)

CF Reed

RF Ordonez

DH Thomas

LF Lee

SS Valentin

1B Konerko

3B Crede

C Olivo

Bench: Alomar, Rowand, Gload

What!! Isn't this a whole lot of nothing?

1. Why send down a guy who is a left handed bat off the bench? Can you honestly say we've given Timo Perez a good look?

2. Clearly, the Sox organization doesn't think Reed is ready yet. He's certainly not ready to come up here and provide a hitting boost to this lineup.

3. I have no problem sending Diaz down but Wunsch?

Also, your lineup sucks.

How can you put Reed, Konerko and Crede in full time but platoon Uribe? Putting Reed in the 2 hole is way too much pressure. Batting 2nd requires the ability to do multiple things with the bat and take pitches - too much for a rookie.

Get Gload and Perez in the lineup and sit Konerko and Crede at least against righties.

2. Clearly, the Sox organization doesn't think Reed is ready yet

I'll say. His sluggin is, what, 350 -- which is pretty pathetic for such an "advanced" hitter hitting against AAA pitching in a hitter's park.

Not only that, but there are persistent rumors that his wrist(s) is still bothering him.

I doubt he'll out-hit Willie Harris at this point - and he sure as hell wouldn't challenge Rowand for the right to hit against LHP because Aaron is by FAR the best option against lefties Sox have in CF.

Brando, Charlotte's park will not inflate a line drive hitter like Jeremy Reeds stats. If anything, it would deflate them because it is a bandbox that rewards fly ball hitters.

Which is scary because unless JR is a dead pull hitter, the park he is coming to is pretty much the samething.