Felix Diaz

NUKE_CLEVELAND

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt after his last outing but I'm not so forgiving this evening. The Injuns used him for freekin batting practice tonight. Seemed to me like every other pitch was being hit like a rope somewhere. If he didnt open his locker & find a 1 way greyhound ticket to Birmingham there's something really wrong with this organization.

Seems to me that until we get serious about finding a 5th starter we need to just put one of these out there every 5th day cause that's what it seems like with these scrubs they're bringing up here.

i highly doubt that they will sned him back just yet he was againt one of the hottest hitting teams in baseball at this moment and he had to wait what an hour and a half just to get the game started. i say they give him one more shot if he does deecnt he will be sticking around

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt after his last outing but I'm not so forgiving this evening.  The Injuns used him for freekin batting practice tonight.  Seemed to me like every other pitch was being hit like a rope somewhere.  If he didnt open his locker & find a 1 way greyhound ticket to Birmingham there's something really wrong with this organization.

Seems to me that until we get serious about finding a 5th starter we need to just put one of these out there every 5th day cause that's what it seems like with these scrubs they're bringing up here.

He's an asshole because he can't get major league hitters out consistently? Well hell Nuke ... go volunteer to take that next start in his place. Let's see, based on that criteria, who the bigger asshole is.

The paragraph above is nothing more than attempt to put things in perspective. The kid came up and I'm sure he gave us his best, as it now stands. That doesn't mean he's an asshole. That doesn't nean he sucks. That doesn't nean he'll never be a good major league pitcher. That does, however, mean that he wasn't ready or was lacking in confidence or he was overwhelmed by being in the majors.

I just hate to see these kids getting ripped with vulgarities when they fail to live up to expectations when fresh out of the minors. I think it's totally uncalled for.

He's an asshole because he can't get major league hitters out consistently?  Well hell Nuke ... go volunteer to take that next start in his place.  Let's see, based on that criteria, who the bigger asshole is.

The paragraph above is nothing more than attempt to put things in perspective.  The kid came up and I'm sure he gave us his best, as it now stands.  That doesn't mean he's an asshole.  That doesn't nean he sucks.  That doesn't nean he'll never be a good major league pitcher.  That does, however, mean that he wasn't ready or was lacking in confidence or he was overwhelmed by being in the majors. 

I just hate to see these kids getting ripped with vulgarities when they fail to live up to expectations when fresh out of the minors.  I think it's totally uncalled for.

That is becoming common around here, the name calling part. Criticize all you want, but quit with the unnecesary name calling that makes you look like a complete ass and takes away all of the ever dwindling credibility in your posts and perspectives. Some people just don't get it YAS, but I'm glad you're one that does.

He's an asshole because he can't get major league hitters out consistently?  Well hell Nuke ... go volunteer to take that next start in his place.  Let's see, based on that criteria, who the bigger asshole is.

The paragraph above is nothing more than attempt to put things in perspective.  The kid came up and I'm sure he gave us his best, as it now stands.  That doesn't mean he's an asshole.  That doesn't nean he sucks.  That doesn't nean he'll never be a good major league pitcher.  That does, however, mean that he wasn't ready or was lacking in confidence or he was overwhelmed by being in the majors. 

I just hate to see these kids getting ripped with vulgarities when they fail to live up to expectations when fresh out of the minors.  I think it's totally uncalled for.

i think he is expecting so much because he sees other teams bring up there pitching prospects from there minor leauges and they are producing well right away. such as peavy, eaton, willis, webb, williams, prior, harden,etc

Personally I think Diaz gave it his all and he fought hard. Today he got roughed up early and actually pitched decent later in the game. He went 100 plus pitches and gave Ozzie as many innings as he could on 3 days rest until the rain came.

I want to see him make another start. I saw a good slider and a fastball with some life to it. However, he left the slider and changeup up too often (especially on lefties) and he's going to have to improve that.

i think he is expecting so much because he sees other teams bring up there pitching prospects from there minor leauges and they are producing well. such as peavy, eaton, willis, webb, williams, prior, harden,etc

Peavy got rocked when he first came up...

Harden was solid last year, what has he done this year?

Webb, Willis and Prior are exceptions to the fact that most pitchers struggle early and often during their first few months/years in the bigs.

That is becoming common around here, the name calling part.  Criticize all you want, but quit with the unnecesary name calling that makes you look like a complete ass and takes away all of the ever dwindling credibility in your posts and perspectives.  Some people just don't get it YAS, but I'm glad you're one that does.

I agree, nice to see good posts by Yas to put things in perspective. The name calling is getting a bit ridiculaos and unnecessary.

Webb, Willis and Prior are exceptions to the fact that most pitchers struggle early and often during their first few months/years in the bigs.

Harden had I think two bad starts this season right out of the gate that inflated his ERA, but since than he's been very impressive. He'll be moving into my rotation next week on my fantasy team :D .

4.52 era when he was 20 years old as there 4th or 5th starter was not to bad i would say but he have improved alot since then, i would say him or wells is the ace of the staff but im leaning towards peavy he has shown alot over the last 1 and a half.

4.52 era when he was 20 years old as there 4th or 5th starter was not to bad i would say but he have improved alot since then, i would say him or wells is the ace of the staff but im leaning towards peavy he has shown alot over the last 1 and a half.

A 4.52 era in the NL sucks.

Yes diaz hasn't been impressive, but in no way has he been terrible. He's settled down after giving up his runs, things could be alot worse. I say give him at least one more start.......

Yes diaz hasn't been impressive, but in no way has he been terrible

He has an ERA of 11.00. How f***ing more "terrible" can you get?!

Fuerhermore, his stuff was not very Pedro-esque as advertised, either, so it's not as if he ran into bad luck. He was awful.

I am not even sure if he deserves another start.