Who do we get tomorrow?

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Garland will pitch well the rest of the year, I envision a era near 4.00 with 14-15 wins...He'll show up tomorrow.

If we don't knock Durbin around, it'll be embarassing. It was bad enough we made that clown Greisinger from the Twins looks great on Saturday, but Durbin is even worse than him....Better knock him around early and often and give Jon some run support.

Last time we got Jon & he was screwed out of a win when he deserved it.  Lets see if he can get us back on track tomorrow after the way that tee ball stand Felix Diaz got slapped around.

if the sox hit like they have recently been hitting it may not matter if u put cy young out there it would most likely result in the same outcome.

Jon has a history with Cleveland.  Let's just say that history involves Jon bent over and Chief Wahoo standing behind him.

G  GS W L SV CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB K ERA WHIP BAA

12 11 2 7 0 0 0 61.2 64 46 46 8 37 31 6.71 1.64 .281

Cleveland got bent over tonight by Garland and then Koch... :headbang

Now would some of you quit it with the "Judy" Garland talk.  Back to back strong performances.  Get off the guy's case.

For the past 3 years we haven't known which Garland would show up. He's been maddeningly inconsistent having a brilliant outing one time then getting slapped around the next. Hopefully he can put a good streak together and be the dominant pitcher everyone wants.

His ERA is in the mid 3's after a pretty good portion of the season...Maybe Hawk was right at Soxfest and this is the breakout year for Garland.

We need it to be. We are fortunate to have Schoenweis as successful as he's been so far & with the 5th slot still in limbo we need to have a consistent Garland to round out a solid 1-4

Nuke ---

You could make a case for JG being our best starter over the last year --

Take a look at the stats for the last 28 starts

Last 28 Starts

Pitcher IP ERA
Loaiza 181.2 3.72
Buerhle 188.1 3.73
Garland 180 3.95

You do see my point about the consistency issue though right? That ERA looks pretty good to be sure but if you give up nothing one day then 8 the next then you still have a 4.00 ERA.

What I want to see from him is the same Garland come out every time like with MB.

Jon is maturing before our very eyes. Does any one else find it annoying how Hawk has to bring up every time Jon starts that he is benefitting from "a manager that shows confidence in him"?

It's like Hawk is so cautious never to rip JM by name but he mentions this Jon Garland thing every friggin start.

You do see my point about the consistency issue though right?  That ERA looks pretty good to be sure but if you give up nothing one day then 8 the next then you still have a 4.00 ERA.

What I want to see from him is the same Garland come out every time like with MB.

Yeah cuz MB would never lay an egg every once in a while

yankees game this year

DATE  OPP RESULT   IP    H    R   ER   HR   BB   SO   GB   FB  PIT   BF   GSc  DEC  REL ERA*
Apr. 20

NYY

L 11-8 2.0 8 8

L(1-1)

-

How about when he pouted and layed another egg in Detroit after not getting to pitch in Yankee stadium last season.

DATE  OPP RESULT   IP    H    R   ER   HR   BB   SO   GB   FB  PIT   BF   GSc  DEC  REL ERA*
Aug. 29

@DET

L 8-4 5.0 10 8

L(11-13)

-

Yes, Garland is maturing right before our eyes. I know it seems like it's been a long time coming, but really, he's pretty much on a normal schedule as far as ML service time. An added bonus is that he is still very young. He can be a good one for a long time.