Play ball

whitesox247

........damn it im sick of freezing ..........and im sick of lookin at snow:

Try Living here in the Rockies in Canada where I am, I wanted to start a clinic for the kids I coach... ha think again.

ok, that's pretty bad.....but.........look at my pathetic situation....living in London, England......no baseball on the dish....anytime, anywhere...the only f***ing game over here other than soccer is some silly sport where guys in pretty white outfits throwing a cue ball to guys hitting with flat bats trying not to hit it to guys who try to catch the ball without any glove....and, when they get tired, they go back to the sidelines and drink tea....and, oh yeah, the game last 5 days........aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Thank God for the internet......thank God for broadband....and thank God I found this site..... :headbang

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Living here in the Rockies in Canada where I am, I wanted to start a clinic for the kids I coach... ha think again.

ok, that's pretty bad.....but.........look at my pathetic situation....living in London, England......no baseball on the dish....anytime, anywhere...the only f***ing game over here other than soccer is some silly sport where guys in pretty white outfits throwing a cue ball to guys hitting with flat bats trying not to hit it to guys who try to catch the ball without any glove....and, when they get tired, they go back to the sidelines and drink tea....and, oh yeah, the game last 5 days........aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Thank God for the internet......thank God for broadband....and thank God I found this site..... :headbang

Vanada won it's first ever international match in cricket against Bangledesh(and nobody cared), I feel your pain, I do appreciate a bit more how much baseball we do get in our short season, thank you for that reminder.

Well if you think about it, Baseball is just a bunch of Grown men swatting little balls with sticks while spectators pay to cheer them on. And we're one of those dumbass spectators. :D

29 days, 59 minutes :headbang

I would like to watch some of a cricket match sometime, but the only time it is on you have to order "Australia's tour if India", or something like that, for a couple hundred dollars over a few days.  Who the hell actually orders that?

The British

Guest hotsoxchick1
26 days, 20 hours :headbang

yPXxYjGP.jpg

and about a foot and a half of snow on the ground now ... and still falling....when is spring again???????? :fyou winter........ :D

DaSoxRox, and anyone else from another country...if u live in England, how'd u become a Sox fan? I'd love to hear your story. Did you use to live in Chicago? or were u just captured by their great team?

27 days, 17 hours

Grew up in NYC (I actually was a diehard Yankee fan growing up), spent 10 years in Philly before moving to the southside in 90....came to chicago with an expectation that I would probably become a Cubs fan....however, after I started to attend both Sox games and Cub games, I quickly realised that the Sox Fan is the type of person I want to hang with and I liked the direction the organization was going in at the time....

See, I came from Philly, which is a real blue-collar type town who is passionate about their teams, and are true diehard fans even though they don't win very often....the fans are down to earth people who like to party, tailgate and talk baseball...that's what I saw from Sox fans....not the duchebags in their suits who sit in the bleachers at Wrigley or the assholes who jump on the bandwagon during a Cubs early Aug win streak only to run away during their predictable Sept swoon....no, I just found a home in Comiskey and that's that.....

Now, my wife moved me to London in 99 to make the big bucks, so I have to suffer through the summer listening on radio and catching clips on the dish once in a while.....sigh......I must admit, I am looking forward to the day when my wife says she wants to retire, so we can come back and I can spend every f***ing day at the park and do s*** like cw is doing by going down to AZ to hang out for a week or two. Just counting the days....

Thats the story, thanks for asking... ;)

Now, my wife moved me to London in 99 to make the big bucks, so I have to suffer through the summer listening on radio and catching clips on the dish once in a while.....sigh......I must admit, I am looking forward to the day when my wife says she wants to retire, so we can come back

WTF? :nono

That is unacceptable. I'd never let my girl take me away from baseball. She can work at Taco Bell for min wage before that happens ;).

Now, my wife moved me to London in 99 to make the big bucks, so I have to suffer through the summer listening on radio and catching clips on the dish once in a while.....sigh......I must admit, I am looking forward to the day when my wife says she wants to retire, so we can come back

That is unacceptable. I'd never let my girl take me away from baseball. She can work at Taco Bell for min wage before that happens ;).

Whipped..... :headbang

Whipped..... :headbang

Whipped? Hmmmm....let's see......350,000 a year or a job in taco bell.....hmmmm.....gee, fellas, I guess your right, that WOULD be a better scenario for my family ( 2 teenagers) for my wife to give up her career of 20 years for a job at taco bell.....I mean, I wouldn't be acting at all selfish, now would I? (Or, my I add, completely stupid....)

Boys, when you grow up, sometimes life requires you to do things that you don't necessarily want to do....ie: leave chicago....but, come on....I challenge both of you to the above scenario and ask what you would do.....

And if you both said, f*** the money, I love my SOX!....than I commend you both....for your loyalty and your absolute disregard for your childrens future....

GO SOX!!!! :headbang

Green=Sarcasm

Not obvious....

That's why we use green. It makes it obvious that way.

Cool....noted for the future....hey, by the way, did you notice that the

Sox are not listed on the MLB audio page today? Appears they're down 2-1, but it sucks that we can't listen to the game....kinda gettin spoiled by the access over the web sofar this spring......

Green=Sarcasm

Not obvious....

That's why we use green. It makes it obvious that way.

Cool....noted for the future....hey, by the way, did you notice that the

Sox are not listed on the MLB audio page today? Appears they're down 2-1, but it sucks that we can't listen to the game....kinda gettin spoiled by the access over the web sofar this spring......

Yeah. It's not even being broadcast on AM1000 here in Chicago :angry:

Green=Sarcasm

Not obvious....

Something that certainly is obvious is your inability to distinguish a joke from a serious statement. Guess $350k can't buy common sense, now can it?

Nice.

Excellent response.

The only reason I responded to your nasty little comment was that it actually LACKED even a subtle hint of sarcasm....now, to you, the writer, it seemed obvious....unfortunately, to me, it wasn't....sorry for the misunderstanding.....

Green=Sarcasm

Not obvious....

Something that certainly is obvious is your inability to distinguish a joke from a serious statement. Guess $350k can't buy common sense, now can it?

Oh yeah, and my guess is, is that you were the little asshole kid who after pushing the little girl down in the playground, you told the principal that it was JUST A JOKE!....and WHY DIDN'T SHE GET IT???

Asshole.

The only reason I responded to your nasty little comment was that it actually LACKED even a subtle hint of sarcasm.....

There's a time for sarcasm (in my case, most of the time in fact), and there's a time for the truth.

I felt a need for the latter in this instance.

Oh yeah, and my guess is, is that you were the little asshole kid who after pushing the little girl down in the playground, you told the principal that it was JUST A JOKE!....and WHY DIDN'T SHE GET IT???

Asshole.

Nah, you're actually wrong for once (was that sarcastic enough for ya?).

And what does Taco Bell and baseball have to do with violence against little girls anyway? Someone's stretching things a bit too far.

And I will take your verbal attacks as a sign of an inner weakness, and I will not hold it against you. You simply cannot help yourself, and I understand completely.

Asshole.

Nah, you're actually wrong for once (was that sarcastic enough for ya?).

And what does Taco Bell and baseball have to do with violence against little girls anyway? Someone's stretching things a bit too far.

And I will take your verbal attacks as a sign of an inner weakness, and I will not hold it against you. You simply cannot help yourself, and I understand completely.

See? And this is how is goes....once a person (especially on a board, as opposed in a bar, for instance where we can look each other in the face) makes a sarcastic comment about someone's personal situation (which I was asked by a specific individual), the "obvious sarcastic comment" by one person can be misconstrued....and unfortunately, cause unnecessary bitterness, and yes, verbal attacks... You can call it a weakness, I guess, your right, my 'asshole" comment should have been held back, but...I guess that's what could happen when your bust on a person and they can't see your kidding....it can get out of hand....

...let's move on...and learn.....