Rockies to trade Helton

I doubt Colorado would want Lee OR Konerko's salaries. It would cost us as much to get him in minor leaguers as Ben Sheets.

Todd Heltons contract:

2004: $11.6M

2005: $12.6M

2006: $16.6M

2007: $16.6M

2008: $16.6M

2009: $16.6M

2010: $16.6M

2011: $19.1M

2012: Team option $23.0M or $4.6M buyout

8-9 years left of that ridiculous contract, they better take on Konerko and Lee's contract.. That would be insane if they didnt.

Todd Heltons contract:

Any team that takes this contract on needs their collective heads examined... :blink:

I was just going to post his numbers, there crazy. Helton is a GREAT player, but not for that money.

Especially considering that his numbers may be largely inflated playing in Colorado, what's to say he'd be worth anything near that playing elsewhere...Maybe Boston or the Yanks take him someday, but I don't know who else would.

Especially considering that his numbers may be largely inflated playing in Colorado, what's to say he'd be worth anything near that playing elsewhere...Maybe Boston or the Yanks take him someday, but I don't know who else would.

Helton's numbers are inflated by Coors, but not by much. You put him in any other park and he will duplicate his numbers with a small dip in HRs, but an increase in 2B.

But remember, getting Helton would cost you...:

Konerko

Honel

Anderson/Sweeney/Reed (Probably take 2/3)

Munoz

If the deal was right, and it would be tough to do, I'd kill for Helton. He's a goddamn machine.

Helton's numbers are inflated by Coors, but not by much. You put him in any other park and he will duplicate his numbers with a small dip in HRs, but an increase in 2B.

But remember, getting Helton would cost you...:

Konerko

Honel

Anderson/Sweeney/Reed (Probably take 2/3)

Munoz

If the deal was right, and it would be tough to do, I'd kill for Helton. He's a goddamn machine.

Exactly.

He is a sabermetrics person's wet dream. His career OPS is only the best among active players(ahead of one Barry Bonds by 62 points).

He would help our lineup in more ways then one. I think if Helton was acquired, Thomas would go back to 3rd, Helton 4th, and Maggs 5th. Maggs hitting ability is probably best served in the 5 spot in the lineup.

Another thing you can do is have the Rockies take on $5 mill per when his contract rises to $16 mill. I don't know if they'd do it, but you never know.

Todd Heltons contract:

8-9 years left of that ridiculous contract, they better take on Konerko and Lee's contract.. That would be insane if they didnt.

i didnt realize thats what he was making...damn, thats a monster contract the sox dont need

Exactly.

He is a sabermetrics person's wet dream.  His career OPS is only the best among active players(ahead of one Barry Bonds by 62 points).

He would help our lineup in more ways then one.  I think if Helton was acquired, Thomas would go back to 3rd, Helton 4th, and Maggs 5th.  Maggs hitting ability is probably best served in the 5 spot in the lineup. 

Another thing you can do is have the Rockies take on $5 mill per when his contract rises to $16 mill.  I don't know if they'd do it, but you never know.

Speaking of Sabermatrics, Kevin "the Greek God of walks" Youkilus played well for the BoSox this weekend.

After hitting his first major league home run the other Red Sox players haized him by refusing to get up and congratulate him.

I just dont see any team giving out prospects for a player with a contract similar to Todd Heltons...

I could see like a Mike Hampton-like contract, plus prospect for Todd Helton.

While I like the idea of Helton playing for the Sox, I worry about how much Coors Field and the thin air of Colorado has padded his numbers. He has 226 career homeruns. 137 of those have come at home in 520 games (.263 per game). He has 89 HRs in 498 games on the road (.1787 per game). Over the course of an entire season NOT played in Colorado, he would bat about .294 with 29 HRs. It should be noted, however, that he does get about the same amount 2Bs and BB on the road as he does at home.

Over all, would he be an upgrade over Lee or Konerko, absolutely. But for the price he is going to be payed, I worry.

Helton is awesome and if the Rocks would pick up some of the tab and take one some of the Sox bad contracts, then it would be an interesting option.  I still don't see hit happening.  But Todd is a heck of a player.

Interesting point. If we could get Colorado to eat 2-3 million of Heltons contract each year, and give them Konerko and a couple of prospects, then it might work.

I dont think Lee would be included in the deal. Coors field is WAY too big for him to cover. They need fast guys out there. I still think Lee is the Sox DH in training. Once Frank leaves, Lee will move to DH (assuming he gets out of this funk and hits like he did last year)

Speaking of Sabermatrics, Kevin "the Greek God of walks" Youkilus played well for the BoSox this weekend.

After hitting his first major league home run the other Red Sox players haized him by refusing to get up and congratulate him.

I did see that.

Did you see Youkilis giving the air some high fives as well? LMAO :lol: