New Lineup

jasonxctf

How about we bench Konerko and Valentin... move Olivo, Lee up in the order and drop Thomas, Crede and Rowand.

1. Harris-2B .304 AVG

2. Uribe-SS .339 AVG

3. Ordonez-RF .305 AVG

4. Lee-LF .260 AVG

5. Thomas-DH .243 AVG

6. Gload-1B .263 AVG

7. Olivo- C .271 AVG

8. Crede-3B .214 AVG

9. Rowand-CF .213 AVG

How about we bench Konerko and Valentin... move Olivo, Lee up in the order and drop Thomas, Crede and Rowand.

1. Harris-2B .304 AVG

2. Uribe-SS .339 AVG

3. Ordonez-RF .305 AVG

4. Lee-LF .260 AVG

5. Thomas-DH .243 AVG

6. Gload-1B .263 AVG

7. Olivo- C .271 AVG

8. Crede-3B .214 AVG

9. Rowand-CF .213 AVG

Good in theory, but no way all of that $ will sit on the bench. Plus, Val hasn't hit too bad this year, if he can keep hitting .270 he needs to stay in the lineup as long as he doesn't make any errors that cost us big time.

I'd bench Konerko and have Gload play.  I'd hit Uribe in Konerko's spot and have Jose hit in the 2 hole. 

That or I would go with

Harris

Lee

Thomas

Maggs

Jose

Juan

Gload

Crede

Olivo/Sandy

Gotta keep Uribe in front of Maggs if you want him to remain hot.

I'd move Konerko and eventually move Jose, but this would be my lineup until those things happened. I could give a damn what I got in return for either of them. Even if all the team got was a little payroll flexibility, fine by me (especially in the case of Konerko).

Gotta keep Uribe in front of Maggs if you want him to remain hot.

But I love Lee in the 2 hole. He's a great two hole hitter for the Sox and Uribe going down kind of keeps a hot bat and speed in the lower portion of the order as well. Plus the Sox now have Gload and Jose down in the order which gives them a bit more balance from the left side.

But I love Lee in the 2 hole.  He's a great two hole hitter for the Sox and Uribe going down kind of keeps a hot bat and speed in the lower portion of the order as well.  Plus the Sox now have Gload and Jose down in the order which gives them a bit more balance from the left side.

The reason he was good in the 2 hole is because he was getting great pitches to hit in front of Franklin and Mags...He needs to be more patient and quit swinging at all of the junk he swings at and I think he'll be fine. But, if we've gotta put him in the two hole to get him going, so be it.

Well in Carlos defense he's been much more patient this year. The only flaw is he's not hitting as good with this new found patients. I also think Konerko has been pretty patient this year. The problem is both have sucked at getting any what of a big hit.

My thinking is that Lee is a very good hitter in the 2 hole. He'll produce like a madman their and will really inflate his trade value if the Sox want to move him and if they don't, he'll help the offense quite a bit.

For tonight's game, here's my lineup

1. Harris 2b

2. Valentin ss

3. Ordonez rf

4. Thomas dh

5. Uribe 3b

6. Gload 1b

7. Lee lf

8. Perez cf

9. Alomar c

I can't watch Konerko, Crede or Rowand right now and against the righty tonight, let's get our lefties (Gload and Perez) in the lineup

Good in theory, but no way all of that $ will sit on the bench.  Plus, Val hasn't hit too bad this year, if he can keep hitting .270 he needs to stay in the lineup as long as he doesn't make any errors that cost us big time.

Precisely why a move like that will not happen.

Why on earth would you bench a .270 hitter while allowing a .215 hitter to remain in the lineup when it is a move you can avoid while keeping a .304 and .339 hitter in the lineup? If that lineup was Ozzie's new (f***ing) all-time lineup (that he makes), then Ozzie should be fired. The ONLY time you keep a .215 hitter in over a .270 hitter is if the .215 hitter is either making way more money then the .270 hitter(Rowand's $300,000 to Jose's $5 mill...uh, no), if the .215 hitter has an OBP way, way, way higher then the .270 hitter's OBP(Rowand's .271 to Jose's .326...uh, no), or if the .215 hitter has way, way more homers/RBI then the .270 hitter(3 homers, 7 RBI for Rowand, 5 homers, 15 RBI for Valentin).

If anyone sits, it should be Rowand.

Precisely why a move like that will not happen.

Why on earth would you bench a .270 hitter while allowing a .215 hitter to remain in the lineup when it is a move you can avoid while keeping a .304 and .339 hitter in the lineup?  If that lineup was Ozzie's new (f***ing) all-time lineup (that he makes), then Ozzie should be fired.  The ONLY time you keep a .215 hitter in over a .270 hitter is if the .215 hitter is either making way more money then the .270 hitter(Rowand's $300,000 to Jose's $5 mill...uh, no), if the .215 hitter has an OBP way, way, way higher then the .270 hitter's OBP(Rowand's .271 to Jose's .326...uh, no), or if the .215 hitter has way, way more homers/RBI then the .270 hitter(3 homers, 7 RBI for Rowand, 5 homers, 15 RBI for Valentin).

If anyone sits, it should be Rowand.

Agreed and I was considered a Rowand backer.

Agreed and I was considered a Rowand backer.

I was too. I just remember him hitting .375 for a good stretch of time before we got Everett. Had he been able to repeat that, I have no problem with him playing. However, there is a big difference between .375 and .215. In fact, there is a big difference between .300 and .215.

I don't want to see the Sox trade Rowand just because he's struggling. He has heated up very quickly in the summer the past couple years he's been here. He did so after we traded Lofton in 2002, and he was on a tear before we traded for Everett. I just think it would be unwise to make a move like that, because one of Willie and Juan will cool down, and they will probably cool down quite quickly and go into a cold stretch. If Rowand can hit .270 during that time, then we are set.

Last year everyone was pissed with JM changing the lineup so much and now everyone wants the lineup changed up.  :ph34r:  :lol:

JM changed it when we were winning,

we're not winning right now............

Changing the lineup every day is like shuffling chairs on the titanic. We need to get the best lineup we can & stick with it a few days then kick these guys in the ass and tell em to stop trying to kill every pitch that gets thrown & we'll be fine.

The line-up I want to see out there, and I don't care how they get it done is:

CF - Harris

LF - Reed

RF - Maggs

DH - Frank

SS - Valentin

3B - Crede

1B - Gload

2B - Uribe

C - Olivo

Note no more Lee or Konerko, and Reed in LF with Harris in CF. That is a team Ozzie can have some fun with.