Rowand's Comments about Playing Time

beck72

From today's Daily Southtown:

"If I was under a three-year contract or a two-year contract, it would probably be a little different. I would probably be playing a lot more than I have been. Whether I'm hitting the ball hard or not, there's not much I can say. It's about results."

A slight dig at a few various Sox players under contract getting playing time to work themselves out of their slumps, you think?!

It is about results. And players with large contracts that can't be moved will keep getting chances. Yet he should stop worrying about them and take care of business on the field.

"If I was under a three-year contract or a two-year contract, it would probably be a little different. I would probably be playing a lot more than I have been. Whether I'm hitting the ball hard or not, there's not much I can say. It's about results."

A slight dig at a few various Sox players under contract getting playing time to work themselves out of their slumps, you think?!

It is about results. And players with large contracts that can't be moved will keep getting chances. Yet he should stop worrying about them and take care of business on the field.

Cry me a river A-Row. You had a whole 6 weeks of continuous playing time & you were so putrid at the plate that Oz is looking elsewhere. Can I blame him?

What were you doing with those 6 continuous weeks in center? Biding your time?

Now that he cant ride the system anymore with a s*** average he's getting pissy. How nice.

Once KW sees this, the Charlotte watch begins.  Looks like we will see Jeremy Reed by June 1st.

We'll only see Reed if a trade of Jose or Lee is made. Harris and Uribe have earned their playing time.

Yet Reed's OBP and bat lower in the order looks great to me. Batting .275 with a decent OBP [.340+] should break up the weak pop ups and K's that we've grown accustomed to. Maybe Harris and Uribe will have some RBI chances for a change.

That's strange..... I didn't get any whining or digging from that at all. I think he was just referring to the fact he is not an established player and therefore his leash is a little shorter. In a sense, he acknowledged he wasn't producing....

I find no problem with that comment at all. If there was more to it when reading the whole article, then perhaps I am off here, but I didn't think it was a big deal at all.

That's strange.....  I didn't get any whining or digging from that at all.  I think he was just referring to the fact he is not an established player and therefore his leash is a little shorter.  In a sense, he acknowledged he wasn't producing....

I find no problem with that comment at all.  If there was more to it when reading the whole article, then perhaps I am off here, but I didn't think it was a big deal at all.

Here's the link:

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/ds.../pro/181sd2.htm

Whether or not his comments are digs or not, they aren't needed. They won't help his case w/ Ozzie.

The biggest thing is throughout Rowand's career his numbers scream "PLATOON". Guys like Lee or Konerko had been everyday players for years before they signed large contracts. He's not in the same situation as they are, though they all are in the "suck" category now. Aaron hasn't produced vs RHP and LHP for a full season. He's lucky he has gotten the chance to be an everyday player for this long, no matter how much money he makes.