Koch

The Beast

And of course, only those supporters will address my post. Fairweather fans! :fyou

Fair weather fan I am not. I have been one of Koch's biggest bashers & a couple of good outings after a season-plus of crap from him is not going to change my mind at all. He's still Billy Botch to me until at least the break & if he plays consistently well until then then I can see moderating my position somewhat.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you remember my name in that "3 or 4" mreye, I won't cry wolf. Because for the longest time I've been the only one to still be behind Koch on the boards I think.

Mr Eye-I didn't start this thread as a bandwagon jumper, because I always supported Billy Koch. I do not believe I bashed him on the site ever, because I believe(d) in him, always.

Honestly I can think of one other guy, and that is Anthony007.  The 3 of you are like the Ralph Nader supporters of the world.

Honestly since I will be voting soon, why doesn't anyone like Nader? Whats so bad about him? Just not popular enough or what? Whats his backround exactly, sir?

Like Critic said, Im more concered about Marte right now than Koch. Which is kinda scary, who would have though???

The thing is...Marte isn't getting calls and so he isn't looking confident out there...its that simple...unless Ozzie is telling him to throw knucklers...

The thing is...Marte isn't getting calls and so he isn't looking confident out there...its that simple...unless Ozzie is telling him to throw knucklers...

Blame Marte's struggles on the umps. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

He'll be fine. The biggest worry I have is still Koch, and if he can make me not worry, I will be relieved.

Blame Marte's struggles on the umps.  Brilliant.  :rolleyes:

He'll be fine.  The biggest worry I have is still Koch, and if he can make me not worry, I will be relieved.

Sorry...that was mearly a joke...here, i'll switch it in green for you.

Fair weather fan I am not.  I have been one of Koch's biggest bashers & a couple of good outings after a season-plus of crap from him is not going to change my mind at all.  He's still Billy Botch to me until at least the break & if he plays consistently well until then then I can see moderating my position somewhat.

I can respect that. I'm ticked off that when he was getting scary save there were 95% of the posters screaming for his head. Now he's pitching well and it's 95% in support of him. Huge turnaround. Stick to your guns. I respect that you have, Nuke.

Mr Eye-I didn't start this thread as a bandwagon jumper, because I always supported Billy Koch. I do not believe I bashed him on the site ever, because I believe(d) in him, always.

I don't remember if you did or not, but I'll take you at your word. I just find it funny that Nuke was the only one to step up and admit that he was anti-Koch and still is. No one has stepped up and admitted they were wrong. Everbody is all of a sudden on Koch's side and always were. Ha!

I can respect that. I'm ticked off that when he was getting scary save there were 95% of the posters screaming for his head. Now he's pitching well and it's 95% in support of him. Huge turnaround. Stick to your guns. I respect that you have, Nuke.

I'll join Nuke as well. I bashed Koch for last year and the first 6 weeks this year. I hope I'm wrong but I will believe Koch is back when he can get outs in the ninth consistently without walking the bases loaded and giving up just enough runs to preserve the save. I never bought into the argument that Koch was still a great closer because he gave up the lead-1 runs in the ninth.

If he can do what he did the other day on a consistent basis, I'll say I was wrong. But 1 inning compare to a year and a quarter doesn't make me change my mind.

I can respect that. I'm ticked off that when he was getting scary save there were 95% of the posters screaming for his head. Now he's pitching well and it's 95% in support of him.

I support him alright, but Sox still need a closer for the pennat race/post-season.

All we can hope for is Koch pitching his ASS off, completely regaining velocity, putting up great numbers at the Break......Then he can be a part of the trade.

Don't get me wrong. I am glad Koch is saving games and all, but in no way do I have any confidence in him yet. I would still love to trade this guy.

Don't get me wrong.  I am glad Koch is saving games and all, but in no way do I have any confidence in him yet.  I would still love to trade this guy.

I have confidence in him. Koch is the man, and NASCAR is a sport. :bringit