Why is Crede still playing?

I'm really happy about the outcome but we had 1 inning of run production tonight. Harris really muffed that fly to center because he has 2 games in center since last year. Crede looks pathetic at the plate and should have made the play at 3rd.

Please, please Ozzie. Put Uribe at 3rd and Perez in center and leave them there for a while. Especially against righties.

As long as I'm wishing, put Gload at 1st against righties too. That ground ball Konerko hit with men on was 2 feet from a weak double play grounder.

That flyball in center was a tough one, lay off harris.

Now crede on the other hand, something needs to be done.

I'm sick of hearing 'he's the next ventura.' When is he ever going to do anythign with that potential?

I want to keep Harris in the lineup, but at 2nd base.

I think I will take my chances of Crede working his way out of his funk, the guy has a history of being a second half hitter (last year and in the minors as well)...I think he's tied for the team lead in HR, he's just not hitting for AVG...Days off could benefit him, but I am not for taking him out of the everyday lineup so that Timo Perez can play.

I think I will take my chances of Crede working his way out of his funk, the guy has a history of being a second half hitter (last year and in the minors as well)...I think he's tied for the team lead in HR, he's just not hitting for AVG...Days off could benefit him, but I am not for taking him out of the everyday lineup so that Timo Perez can play.

Completely agreed Crede needs to stay in the lineup. That ball to center was definitely catchable but he's rusty out there right now, but once he gets used to playing center again he will be fine out there. I think this is the best everday lineup the sox can put out there now considering there is no way in hell you can have an 8 million dollar a year bench player in pk, but hopefully kenny can swing a deal to get rid of pk or carlos soon. I would love to see ross get to play everday it just won't happen right now.

Nobody wants to give him a chance. Look at Beltre in LA...it took him 6 solid years to do what he is doing. Crede has 1 full year of experience for christ sakes. I'm right with you Boz, let Crede do what he's going to do.

Nobody wants to give him a chance. Look at Beltre in LA...it took him 6 solid years to do what he is doing. Crede has 1 full year of experience for christ sakes. I'm right with you Boz, let Crede do what he's going to do.

Even if he hits .250ish, he's still going to hit 25 HR and drive in about 80...He's solid in the field, you can't have a damn stud at every position. The guy is young, get off of his jock, his clutch hitting has won a few games for us this season.

Yes, but I want to win now, not in 6 years.

We need Crede hitting well. He can't be an automatic out all the time.

Even if he hits .250ish, he's still going to hit 25 HR and drive in about 80...He's solid in the field, you can't have a damn stud at every position.  The guy is young, get off of his jock, his clutch hitting has won a few games for us this season.

The only problem is Crede's hitting 210ish. This is his second full year and I still don't see anything. Somebody needs to light a fire under him.

As for Harris in center - a poor everyday center fielder catches that ball. A second baseman backpedals until he almost falls down and the ball hits him in the head. I don't like the idea of fiddling with Harris' brain right now. Let him concentrate on 2nd base and being a lead off man.

And as for Konerko's 8 million dollar salary, I'm not going to let that stand in the way of the Sox winning more ball games. If they win more games with him sitting, then he sits. Lets see what Gload can do.

Harris is getting on base, don't put Timo Perez anywhere near the lineup...In fact, option him to Charlotte and hope a team claims him off waivers when we call up Reed.

And by the way, why do you have such a bug up your butt about Timo Perez? The guy is a career .274 lefty hitter who is hitting .250 in 48 at bats this year. I'd take that over Rowand or Crede right now.

Sit Crede and Rowand, put Uribe at 3rd, Harris at 2nd and Perez in center (at least against righties).

And by the way, why do you have such a bug up your butt about Timo Perez?  The guy is a career .274 lefty hitter who is hitting .250 in 48 at bats this year.  I'd take that over Rowand or Crede right now.

Sit Crede and Rowand, put Uribe at 3rd, Harris at 2nd and Perez in center (at least against righties).

He doesn't do much for me, if he was that great, he would have started elsewhere and he hasn't...If we need to make a change besides Willie in CF, bring up Reed...He is our future, not Timo "Dorn Jr" Perez.

As long as I'm wishing, put Gload at 1st against righties too.  That ground ball Konerko hit with men on was 2 feet from a weak double play grounder.

I missed the game. I am asking not to fight but to learn. What do you mean by that? What happened?

Baseball is a game in inches. A game of postions. If PK hit a ball fair by two feet then it is a hit. If we penalize every batter whose hits are within several feet of being out, then what do we have left? Oops - that was within 2 feet of the line - foul! That fell 2 feet from the centerfielder - out!

Or do I misinterpret? What happened on the play in question? Since I missed the game, please tell me what happened.

I missed the game.  I am asking not to fight but to learn.  What do you mean by that?  What happened?

Baseball is a game in inches.  A game of postions.  If PK hit a ball fair by two feet then it is a hit.  If we penalize every batter whose hits are within several feet of being out, then what do we have left?    Oops - that was within 2 feet of the line - foul!  That fell 2 feet from the centerfielder  - out! 

Or do I misinterpret?  What happened on the play in question?  Since I missed the game, please tell me what happened.

It was a slowly hit ground ball through the hole between short and 3rd.

I missed the game.  I am asking not to fight but to learn.  What do you mean by that?  What happened?

Baseball is a game in inches.  A game of postions.  If PK hit a ball fair by two feet then it is a hit.  If we penalize every batter whose hits are within several feet of being out, then what do we have left?    Oops - that was within 2 feet of the line - foul!  That fell 2 feet from the centerfielder  - out! 

Or do I misinterpret?  What happened on the play in question?  Since I missed the game, please tell me what happened.

Nothing. It was a hit through the hole. Regardless of how hard it was hit, 2 feet to the right would have been a DP. I don't know what his problem with the hit is...

But it doesn't matter it got through and your right cwsox baseball is a game of inches and what he said doesn't make a lot of sense.

You guys cant be serious. You think that if a guy hits a weak ground ball that is a "seeing eye" grounder that it is the same as a line drive in the gap?

Please - you all know as well as I do that there are weak grounders and line drives and that they demonstrate the quality of the at-bat.

It was a lousy at bat for Konerko. There were men on 1st and 3rd with 1 out. What is Konerko's job at that point against a very poor pitcher? Hit the ball into the outfield to drive in the run or hit a 6 hopper between short and third?

Puhleeze.

You guys cant be serious.  You think that if  a guy hits a weak ground ball that is a "seeing eye" grounder that it is the same as a line drive in the gap?

Please - you all know as well as I do that there are weak grounders and line drives and that they demonstrate the quality of the at-bat. 

It was a lousy at bat for Konerko.  There were men on 1st and 3rd with 1 out.  What is Konerko's job at that point against a very poor pitcher?  Hit the ball into the outfield to drive in the run or hit a 6 hopper between short and third?

Puhleeze.

Did he drive the run in....yes. It wasn't pretty and no he didn't hit the ball hard but he got the job done and that's all that matters.

I don't believe this. We are now to the point of criticizing Konerko for HOW he gets base hits and drives in runs.

Those things balance out. He can hit on right on the screws but right at the left fielder and it's just an out, or he sneak a grounder through the infield and it's a hit. I supposed you would have been happier with a screaming line drive at the shortstop that was turned into a DP?

There's an old baseball saying: Hit 'em where they ain't. That's what Paulie did.

I don't believe this.  We are now to the point of criticizing Konerko for HOW he gets base hits and drives in runs. 

Those things balance out.  He can hit on right on the screws but right at the left fielder and it's just an out, or he sneak a grounder through the infield and it's a hit.  I supposed you would have been happier with a screaming line drive at the shortstop that was turned into a DP?

There's an old baseball saying:  Hit 'em where they ain't.  That's what Paulie did.

Look - I think we're talking about two different things: what's good for the team and what's good for Konerko.

Clearly, getting a base hit was good for the team and better than a screaming line drive for an out.

But don't try to tell me that a weak ground ball that finds its way between 3rd and short is a better indicator of a hitter's ability than a screaming line drive for an out. If I'm just trying to gage whether a hitter is mechanically sound, I'd rather see the screaming line drive than the weak ground ball.

The fact is that with a slug like Konerko hitting with men on 1st and 3rd the LAST thing Konerko was trying to do was hit a ground ball. He's just off right now and it was pure luck that weak grounder found its way into left.

We should have been shut out yesterday. We weren't and we won, yipee. Why isn't Konerko hitting behind the runner or swinging for the fences to try and get a sac fly.

Also, has any player on our team gotten better in the last 4 (2000-2004) years;

Valantin

Thomas

Konerko

Lee

Crede hasn't improved one bit since he has come up. Harris and Olivo have shown signs, Uribe is up in the air.

The difference between Beltre and Crede --- Beltre is 2 years younger.

Garland has improved and is only 25 years old.

This is what frustrates the hell out of me, the inconsistency.

Same way I feel, I think Crede just needs to calm down. I know he can be fine, I just hope he can fix it quick.