Just putting a thought out there.

KipWellsFan

What you say is all true but I couldn't ferret out a point.  The point you should be trying to make is that their being poor doesn't have anything to do with us directly so their being mad at us because we don't give them enough aid doesn't really make any sense.

But that's all relative... Whether or not you and I think we give them enough aid, we're not about to jump in a plane and fly it into a building. I suppose that's my point.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you say is all true but I couldn't ferret out a point.  The point you should be trying to make is that their being poor doesn't have anything to do with us directly so their being mad at us because we don't give them enough aid doesn't really make any sense.

But that's all relative... Whether or not you and I think we give them enough aid, we're not about to jump in a plane and fly it into a building. I suppose that's my point.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but it sounds like you are saying that the fact that they flew planes into our buildings proves their own attitudes towards us to be true. I hope I misunderstood that. That would without question be the most ignorant, arrogant, and flat out illogical thing I've ever heard.

doubleM23, kipwellsfan, sideshowapu, soxheads, you ever come to Chicago, the drinks are on me

I'll drive down from Michigan just to say thank you in person -

I want that same deal when I come this summer. Not the thanks, the drinks! :D

you got it!

Yo Vince..... I thought you didn't like to mix politics with baseball :D

What you say is all true but I couldn't ferret out a point.  The point you should be trying to make is that their being poor doesn't have anything to do with us directly so their being mad at us because we don't give them enough aid doesn't really make any sense.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but it sounds like you are saying that the fact that they flew planes into our buildings proves their own attitudes towards us to be true. I hope I misunderstood that. That would without question be the most ignorant, arrogant, and flat out illogical thing I've ever heard.

I'm not saying anything is true or false. My point is that whether you think it is unfounded or not, we are stereotyped by the rest of the world as self-centered, greeedy bullies and that is something we desperately need to improve.

Do I think we've ever done anything so bad we deserve to be subjected to terrorist attacks? Hell no... That's ridiculous. However, do I think we're so good and wonderful that I shouldn't speak out against what I don't like? Nope... I'm somwhere in between.

I'm not saying anything is true or false. My point is that whether you think it is unfounded or not, we are stereotyped by the rest of the world as self-centered, greeedy bullies and that is something we desperately need to improve.

Do I think we've ever done anything so bad we deserve to be subjected to terrorist attacks? Hell no... That's ridiculous. However, do I think we're so good and wonderful that I shouldn't speak out against what I don't like? Nope... I'm somwhere in between.

Well I'm not against improving the way the world views us, I'm just not willing to let insane mass murderers point their weapons at our heads in order to do it.

And as much as I'd love to stuff a sock in our mouth sometimes, I'll always support your right to express your opinion. You often only succeed at showing your own ignorance anyway.