I saw the Eagles tonight

witesoxfan

Man that was cool as hell. And Joe Walsh is funny as hell. He said the country is in shambles, so he is going to run for president again.

JOE WALSH IN 2004! :headbang

And it was worth missing the Sox for. Hate to admit it, but I'll take missing a Soxtalk game thread to see the Eagles. That was b****in. This day could not have been much better. Saw the Eagles, Sox win, Twinks lose, Cubs get 1-hit, Braves get no-hit(and the Unit throws a perfect game at that)...how much better could it get?

De Jesus bowling and dancing to the bastardized Hotel California in Big Lewboski is hilarious  :lol:

Witchy Woman is ok, too.

witesoxfan, did they do "7 Bridges Road" tonight?  How did it come off?

That's "Witch-aay Woman." :D

'Doctor, what is it? Doctor, are you alright??' :headbang :headbang

witesoxfan, did they do "7 Bridges Road" tonight? How did it come off?

That's "Witch-aay Woman."  :D

'Doctor, what is it?  Doctor, are you alright??'  :headbang  :headbang

witesoxfan, did they do "7 Bridges Road" tonight?  How did it come off?

I saw them twice, when they opened American Airlines Center in Dallas three years ago, and then last year when they came back. The first event ever in the new arena in Dallas, they opened it with 7 bridges road, that was awesome.

Last year, they didn't have it on their playset, I was disappointed with that.

But it is a great, great show.

When I was in High School the Eagles were a twice a year concert treat. They would always play Poplar Creek and/or South Wisconsin, I forget the venue near the old Playboy Club (Americana) and they would play an indoor show. Very cool. I read the bands autobiography, it was pretty cool.

I forget the venue near the old Playboy Club (Americana)...

Alpine Valley?

As for the bands autobiography, did the later years read read something like...

Henley: Glen, you're a dick.

Frey: Don, you're a way bigger dick.

Henley: Glen, you're a no-talent prick, I'm singing and writing everything.

Frey: Get back behind the drumset, Asshole.

Schmidt: Guys, shut the hell up.

Henley and Frey: f*** off (dick)

Schmidt: Whatever (assholes)

Frey: That's it, I'm done!

Henley: Scrfew you, I'm quitting.

Walsh:..... wha... huh... did I miss something?

Alpine Valley?

As for the bands autobiography, did the later years read read something like...

Henley: Glen, you're a dick.

Frey:  Don, you're a way bigger dick.

Henley:  Glen, you're a no-talent prick, I'm singing and writing everything.

Frey:  Get back behind the drumset, Asshole.

Schmidt:  Guys, shut the hell up.

Henley and Frey:  f*** off (dick)

Schmidt:  Whatever (assholes)

Frey:  That's it, I'm done!

Henley:  Scrfew you, I'm quitting.

Walsh:..... wha... huh... did I miss something?

Yes Alpine Valley. The cops loved concerts up there. They would bust a couple hundred cars for open liquor on the way north, grab some dinner and a nap and then bust them for drunk driving on the way south.

The book focused more on the early influences, the California rock scene, who they were hanging with, that sort of stuff. I am always interested in how so many acts are intertwined. IIRC, Jackson Browne and Linda Ronstadt and the Eagles all hung out together. There was also some stuff on JD Sother (damn, forget the spelling) on how he was in and out of the group.

By-the-way, since there latest efforts have not sold very well, yet they have a following, are they an indie band now?

Yes Alpine Valley.  The cops loved concerts up there. They would bust a couple hundred cars for open liquor on the way north, grab some dinner and a nap and then bust them for drunk driving on the way south.

The book focused more on the early influences, the California rock scene, who they were hanging with, that sort of stuff. I am always interested in how so many acts are intertwined. IIRC, Jackson Browne and Linda Ronstadt and the Eagles all hung out together. There was also some stuff on JD Sother (damn, forget the spelling) on how he was in and out of the group.

By-the-way, since there latest efforts have not sold very well, yet they have a following, are they an indie band now?

Yeah, Jackson brown wrote or co-wrote Take it easy, and Souther wrote 7 Bridges Road. I know early in the pre-Eagles history there was also sort of a passing of the California music torch between Chriss Hillman (ex Byrds) and the Flying Burrito's, the NRO the Purple Sage etc., and that the Eagles were kind of cemented as the new Califonia sound even before they really had it together.

It's good to have friends.

Yeah, Jackson brown wrote or co-wrote Take it easy, and Souther wrote 7 Bridges Road.  I know early in the pre-Eagles history there was also sort of a passing of the California music torch between Chriss Hillman (ex Byrds) and the Flying Burrito's, the NRO the Purple Sage etc., and that the Eagles were kind of cemented as the new Califonia sound even before they really had it together.

It's good to have friends.

7 Bridges Road is on my All-Time, better in concert than on an album tune. Burn Down the Mission may be #1 on that list but 7 Bridges Road is also way up there.

One of the biggest threats to the Eagles ever getting traction was the country vs. soft rock vs. hard-er rock sounds. The money at the recird company and early producers had them as country-lite-rock and they wanted to rock a bit more. I think that was one reason they got Joe invoved.

7 Bridges Road is on my All-Time, better in concert than on an album tune. Burn Down the Mission may be #1 on that list but 7 Bridges Road is also way up there.

I don't have the complete Eagles (mark 1) catalog, so I didn't even know 7 Bridges Row WAS ever done as a studio cut. I only have it off of the Eagles Live double-LP. What was it on before that?

That song was the first song I recorded in high school when I got my first 4-track recorder. Three Flaxx vocal tracks, 2 Flaxx guitar trax, and a nickel ante Flaxx bass line to boot. All Flaxx all the time. Screw the rest of the guys in the garage band that never went anywhere – it was time for me to never get anywhere all on my own! :D

Burn Down the Mission is in the top 5 vintage Elton songs, and the live versions from all of the pre-1973 concert stuff I have heard are phenomenal. Tumbleweed Connection is my favorite album hands-down, but everything up through that and Madman Across the Water still blows me away when I listen to it.

Don Henley is that the dude singing something about a woman wanting to dance and make romance all the time, or some such? I hope someone spoofed the no-talent assclown to death.... :bang

No sir, that's was Glen Frey in his Miami Vice soundtrack-soundin' days.

I don't have the complete Eagles (mark 1) catalog, so I didn't even know 7 Bridges Row WAS ever done as a studio cut.  I only have it off of the Eagles Live double-LP.  What was it on before that?

That song was the first song I recorded in high school when I got my first 4-track recorder.  Three Flaxx vocal tracks, 2 Flaxx guitar trax, and a nickel ante Flaxx bass line to boot.  All Flaxx all the time.  Screw the rest of the guys in the garage band that never went anywhere – it was time for me to never get anywhere all on my own!  :D

Burn Down the Mission is in the top 5 vintage Elton songs, and the live versions from all of the pre-1973 concert stuff I have heard are phenomenal.  Tumbleweed Connection is my favorite album hands-down, but everything up through that and Madman Across the Water still blows me away when I listen to it.

I have it on the double live, and it needs to be seen to enjoy.

I thought Burn Down the Mission sucked until I saw it live at Poplar Creek. Damn that is such a cool song.

witesoxfan, did they do "7 Bridges Road" tonight?

I'm afraid they did not.

How did it come off?

They came off sounding very good though. The place was rocking, and the sound was very good. I figured as they got older, their voices would get slightly worse. That's the last time I ever figure anything. Glenn Frey seemed to be very energetic and still young at heart. You can tell he still enjoys doing it. I'm not a big Timothy Schmit fan, but he sounded OK as well. Henley sounded pretty good, but he just looks a lot older, and obviously he is, but he looked like he was almost hunched over at times. And I think Joe Walsh bought some good stuff and lit it up before the concert cool-smiley-007.gif, but he was pretty damn good too.

I thought they were going to end with Hotel California. Well, they did it, then left the stage. About 2 minutes later, they came back on of course and did some more songs(they did Rocky Mountain Way(or is it Road? I can never remember) and Life in the Fastlane). They left again, and came back on, and did a couple more songs. Of course, they left again, and of course, came back on. Frey did another song after that and then Henley finished up with Desperado. The going off and coming back on got a little annoying after a while, but it was well worth it in the end.

And I think the person that runs the civic center up here forgot where the AC switches are. My God was it hot as hell in there. I think it had to of been about 85º in there.

Did any of you ever see the Drew Carrey Las Vegas show on HBO or Showtime. Joe walsh was on there and was funny as hell. There is a part where they do a story and Joe ends it with something about brainworm and drugs. I swear he was under the influence of something. I laughed until i was crying!

Did any of you ever see the Drew Carrey Las Vegas show on HBO or Showtime.  Joe walsh was on there and was funny as hell.  There is a part where they do a story and Joe ends it with something about brainworm and drugs.  I swear he was under the influence of something.  I  laughed until i was crying!

Yeah, I do recall that. They were lining up and Caray would just randomly point the stick at someone and they would tell a story.

That was funny ass s***

When I was in High School the Eagles were a twice a year concert treat. They would always play Poplar Creek and/or South Wisconsin, I forget the venue near the old Playboy Club (Americana) and they would play an indoor show. Very cool. I read the bands autobiography, it was pretty cool.

Poplar Creek was a great place to see a concert!

I saw Genesis there once, and Bob Seger...awesome shows!

I once saw Joe Walsh at a fundraiser for Children's Memorial Hospital at the Park West. He was so wasted he couldn't remember lyrics, but, the show was great.

I met him after the show...a very nice guy.

LMAO, that doesn't surprise me in the least. :lol: