Dodgeball vs. NASCAR

Dodgeball leagues are forming, which is more a sport?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Dodgeball leagues are forming, which is more a sport?

• NASCAR
    • Dodgeball

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, but that puts you in a minority. How is it fun and exciting to the everyday person that doesn't own a race car and is an engineer?

It's exciting to 50 million fans that squeeze into the tracks to watch the races. Why not just let them be (not directed to you specifically SSI)? My dad is a NASCAR fan.. for his birthday I got him the Richard Petty Driving Experience one year and I ended up doing it just to see what it was like. I got up to 131 mph and it took all my strength to hold onto the car. I did 4 laps and when I was done I was soaked from sweat and dehydrated. It was in April and it was 60 derees outside. I couldn't imagine doing it on a hot summer day when the temps get about 120 degrees in those cars. I could care less either way, but I will agree that there's a bit more to it than just "driving in circles". It does take a lot of physical strength and endurance, IMO.

It's exciting to 50 million fans that squeeze into the tracks to watch the races. Why not just let them be (not directed to you specifically SSI)? My dad is a NASCAR fan.. for his birthday I got him the Richard Petty Driving Experience one year and I ended up doing it just to see what it was like. I got up to 131 mph and it took all my strength to hold onto the car. I did 4 laps and when I was done I was soaked from sweat and dehydrated. It was in April and it was 60 derees outside. I couldn't imagine doing it on a hot summer day when the temps get about 120 degrees in those cars. I could care less either way, but I will agree that there's a bit more to it than just "driving in circles". It does take a lot of physical strength and endurance, IMO.

Cool input. Like I said, I only drove a 429 car with drum brakes and manual steering (and that was just around the block) and it was a challenge to do so. Since whether something is a sport or not is personal preference, for me it is, but I can understand why others might think otherwise.

:notworthy

I ended up doing it just to see what it was like. I got up to 131 mph and it took all my strength to hold onto the car. I did 4 laps and when I was done I was soaked from sweat and dehydrated. It was in April and it was 60 derees outside. I couldn't imagine doing it on a hot summer day when the temps get about 120 degrees in those cars. I could care less either way, but I will agree that there's a bit more to it than just "driving in circles". It does take a lot of physical strength and endurance, IMO.

So Steff, it was really hot, and you were like really sweaty, what were you wearing? You couldn't imagine doing it in the summer in a hot car? ;) :D

Wow, I need a rest :lol:

Participating in an EVENT such as a car race may be fun and be physically demanding, but how are these things fun to watch or exciting? When I am watching it all I see is someone driving in a circle. I have no idea what little intricacies they are performing to their car. They just keep driving in circles against other people driving in circles. To me that is not a sport. The machine is still the one going at high speeds, even if you are trying with all your might to turn the wheel and hang on for dear life, the machine is still doing most of the work to get around the track.

There is no way that NASCAR nor Horse Racing should be considered a sport. They are EVENTS and could be fun to attend, but they are not sports. Track and Field is an event, marathons are events, biking is an event, and yes even NASCAR, and for that matter any type of race, is an event. I wouldn't want to do any of those races or events at 120 degrees. I understand you making that point to seem like there is more stress on the person, but I don't think temperatures make it any more or less of a sport nor do I think it makes the person playing it any more or less of an athlete. Just my personal opinion.

Dodgeball easily. I ain't going to bother reading 107 posts, no f***ing way, but come on seriously. All the fat, out of shape, lazy friends I have like to play with there cars, and they are not exactly athletes. This is almost as funny as when I heard Scholastic Bowlers considered athletes.

So anybody play dodgeball recently?

We played it all the time in Middle School, but since so many guys got hit in the balls and us guys had such strong arms, our High School banned the play of dodgeball. So I haven't played for a while now. They let us play hockey, but not dodgeball. :huh

I voted dodgeball. No question about it.

Participating in an EVENT such as a car race may be fun and be physically demanding, but how are these things fun to watch or exciting?

I have no idea... but I'm sure fans on a NASCAR board could answer you best.

So Steff, it was really hot, and you were like really sweaty, what were you wearing? You couldn't imagine doing it in the summer in a hot car? ;)  :D

Wow, I need a rest  :lol:

LOL Tex...

Yes, it was really hot and I was really sweaty. I was wearing jeans (you have to) and a golf shirt (IIRC).

And no... I would not want to DRIVE a NASCAR in the summertime... ;)

:lolhitting

LOL Tex...

Yes, it was really hot and I was really sweaty. I was wearing jeans (you have to) and a golf shirt (IIRC).

And no... I would not want to DRIVE a NASCAR in the summertime...  ;)

:lolhitting

Did your 4" heels cause any problems?

If NASCAR is not a sport, why do they show highlights on Sportscenter?

Did you see the 'all-star race?' I only saw the final part, but what the heck happened to cause a wreck to knock out jeff burton and ricky rudd?

How in heck does Geoffry Bodine and Ken Schrader get into an all-star event? has Geoff actually run a Nextel race this year?

Did you see the 'all-star race?'  I only saw the final part, but what the heck happened to cause a wreck to knock out jeff burton and ricky rudd?

How in heck does Geoffry Bodine and Ken Schrader get into an all-star event?  has Geoff actually run a Nextel race this year?

Is this like a WWF Cage Match? :lol:

Dunno.  Why have they shown Poker, Chess, and Spelling Bees?

Yes, "shown", but on ESPN News the scroll on the bottom has a permanent header that says "AUTO". There aren't any that say "SPELL" or "POKER."

Did you see the 'all-star race?'  I only saw the final part, but what the heck happened to cause a wreck to knock out jeff burton and ricky rudd?

How in heck does Geoffry Bodine and Ken Schrader get into an all-star event?  has Geoff actually run a Nextel race this year?

I didn't see any of it. We went to see Shrek 2.

Yes, "shown", but on ESPN News the scroll on the bottom has a permanent header that says "AUTO". There aren't any that say "SPELL" or "POKER."

I only see NHL, NBA, MLB. I guess you haven't found the preference controls :D