Dodgeball vs. NASCAR

Dodgeball leagues are forming, which is more a sport?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Dodgeball leagues are forming, which is more a sport?

• NASCAR
    • Dodgeball

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoffrey Bodine got in because he is a past winner of the All Star event and all past winners are automatically eligible. Ken Schrader got in on the fan vote. Geoffrey hasnt run an event this year but he ran his brother Todds car just to collect the check for that team. I think you were guarenteed $70,000 for starting so that helped out that small budget team. I do however feel they should keep out drivers who arent full time.

There is no way that NASCAR nor Horse Racing should be considered a sport

Physical exertion? Check

Mental stress? Check

Skill and strategy? Check

Organized competition? Check.

NASCAR is no Formula-1, but both easily fit into the true definition of a 'sport'.

And where the hell is this nonsense "it's not exciting to a casual viewer" coming from? It's utterly irrelevant as to whether or not something is a sport, and it's also factually incorrect - it's extremely popular.

People need to get over their own narrow-minded'ness and bigotry. The funnist part is that most of the "athletic purists" on this board would collapse like little b****es after 10 laps of "racing".

Physical exertion?  Check

Mental stress?  Check

NASCAR is no Formula-1, but both easily fit into the true definition of a 'sport'.

And where the hell is this nonsense "it's not exciting to a casual viewer" coming from?    It's utterly irrelevant as to whether or not something is a sport, and it's also factually incorrect - it's extremely popular.

People need to get over their own narrow-minded'ness and bigotry. The funnist part is that most of the "athletic purists" on this board would collapse like little b****es after 10 laps of "racing".

So by that description I that makes competetive underwater basket weaving a sport?

Physical exertion? Check

Mental stress? Check

The FUNNIEST part is that most of the "athletic purists" on this board would collapse like little b****es after 1 complete woven basket underwater in a competitive situation.

A race of any kind is an event and nothing more.

So by that description I that makes competetive underwater basket weaving a sport?

Yes, it would/could be if it met those rigorous criteria.

I am glad you're getting a hang of it and expanding your mind beyond the silly jock's definition of what a "sport" should be.

Kudos. :headbang

From the looks of this thread... pulling the bunched up BVD's out of a few uptights asses would also be considered a sport.

Hmmm, let's see how that would work. Steff runs around the field and players take turns trying to pull out the wedgie. Speeds, dodging ability, quick reflexes, endurance, yep, seems like a jolly good sport to me, when do we start :lol:

Hmmm, let's see how that would work. Steff runs around the field and players take turns trying to pull out the wedgie. Speeds, dodging ability, quick reflexes, endurance, yep, seems like a jolly good sport to me, when do we start  :lol:

Uh no.

Steff is not in this competition. I have no issue with NASCAR being called a sport, nor with the folks who enjoy it. :nono

My most responded to Sports Bar thread ever. :ph34r:

To celebrate I am going to throw dirt in my face and point a hair dryer full force into my face and pretend to be at a NASCAR event.