Dodgeball vs. NASCAR

Dodgeball leagues are forming, which is more a sport?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Dodgeball leagues are forming, which is more a sport?

• NASCAR
    • Dodgeball

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not so much if the contestants used water-proof basket-weaving machines.

another reactionary-purist.

Racing, game, event, sport, activity, competition.....Spin the semantics wheel, it won't matter either way.

another reactionary-purist.

Racing, game, event, sport, activity, competition.....Spin the semantics wheel, it won't matter either way.

If it won't matter either way, then why do so many people, such as yourself, react to what someone wants to call it?

If it won't matter either way, then why do so many people, such as yourself, react to what someone wants to call it?

I think it started the other way around. Any time one of us starts a NASCAR thread, it is filled with "Why is this in the "Sports Bar" when it's not a sport?", etc. That is the topic of this thread, which makes the debate OK. Me, I don't have a problem if you don't think it's a sport. I have a problem with all the comments that people feel they have to make.

Over? Nothing is over until we decide it's over. Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?

You know you're getting old when you have to put that in green so you won't get all the "It was the Japanese..." comments. :lol:

TO human beings it sure is.  The Car in racing is doing more work than the human body.  Therefore, NASCAR isn't a sport to human beings.

The bat is what is hitting the ball, a batter would look pretty f***ed otherwise. Sport?

Sport, sure why not, if nothing else they are phenominal atheletes.  There are very few if any even marginally obese pro car racers, baseball players on the other hand.

So obesity is equated with not being an athlete? Fridge Perry was a pretty damn good athlete as is Warren Sapp. I believe both would be considered obese. Someone's weight has nothing to do with being an athlete. There are a lot of bodybuilders that are in shape and at the same time very uncoordinated and unathletic. What makes car drivers such great athletes just because they are mostly thin, sit on their ass for 500 laps, and turn a steering wheel really damn hard?

Wow, i go home for the summer and look what happened while i was gone.

i think i bring some credibility to this argument as the current NADA national champion. NADA site

You have to have lots of athletic ability to play dodgeball. Sure anyone can play, but if you want to play on the top level you have to be agile as hell, be able to catch anything that is thrown at you( including balls traveling at 70mph at your face) as well as being able to throw as hard as you can.

If you think it dosen't take athletic ability to play dodgeball then you can take a look at my arm currently. I will be seeing the doctor soon to see if i will be needing Tommy John surgery. Dodgeball is deffinatley a sport.

It is also easy to play. I know that at pretty much every university there is a dodgeball club. At illinois state we have most of the top dodgeball players, and i know there are clubs at u of i and msu.

also most local rec centers have some recreational dodgeball league.

Or you could come to the outdoor national championships in june and play my team. However there is a $100 entry fee.

Dodgeball is one hell of a time, and everyone should give it a try.

Wow, i go home for the summer and look what happened while i was gone.

i think i bring some credibility to this argument as the current NADA national champion. NADA site

You have to have lots of athletic ability to play dodgeball. Sure anyone can play, but if you want to play on the top level you have to be agile as hell, be able to catch anything that is thrown at you( including balls traveling at 70mph at your face) as well as being able to throw as hard as you can.

If you think it dosen't take athletic ability to play dodgeball then you can take a look at my arm currently. I will be seeing the doctor soon to see if i will be needing Tommy John surgery. Dodgeball is deffinatley a sport.

It is also easy to play. I know that at pretty much every university there is a dodgeball club. At illinois state we have most of the top dodgeball players, and i know there are clubs at u of i and msu.

also most local rec centers have some recreational dodgeball league.

Or you could come to the outdoor national championships in june and play my team. However there is a $100 entry fee.

Dodgeball is one hell of a time, and everyone should give it a try.

What is the size of the court , number of players, main rules?

There's numerous other drivers who approach their physical conditioning just like their driving: serious and straight-forward, including veterans like the seemingly ageless Mark Martin, who may be 45 in years, but has the stamina and physical shape of a 25-year-old. There's others like Jeff Burton, who could easily take on someone twice his size.

Jeff Burton :headbang