Listening to Q101 yesterday

NUKE_CLEVELAND

I was riding in my car yesterday listening to Q101 and they were talking about gay marriage for a little bit & one of the hosts brought up an interesting point. He basically said that if you're gonna use the bible to denounce gay marriage then there are some other things that you need to be for/against as well.

-For the ability to sell your daughter into slavery

-For the death penalty for those who plant more than one type of crop on their soil

-Against cutting your own hair

-For the ability to import sex slaves from other lands

The host claimed to have quoted those examples from various bible passages. I'm totally apathetic about gays getting married but those points that were brought up were most interesting.

The best essay I have read on this was from a lesbian who suggests that the government should only recognize civil unions of two people. Let people, who so choose, get married by clergy and in their faith, but the government would only recognize the civil union, not the religous union.

to gain the 1038 rights that are available only to married couples (i.e. being able to be with a loved one as s/he dies, health care coverage, etc).

Exactly.....read up on your history Zero about African Americans, Jews, Irish, Native Americans, etc. being discriminated just like the gays are today. Every man is created equal.

Exactly.....read up on your history Zero about African Americans, Jews, Irish, Native Americans, etc. being discriminated just like the gays are today. Every man is created equal.

No thank you. I'm homophobic, so I really hate gays/lesbians (No offense to any homosexual people that post here) . I do not think they should taint our marriage with their bulls*** about needing to be married. Suck it up and stop whining about needing to be married, because you don't.

Isn't it God's words that all men are created equal? And isn't it God's words that gay people shouldn't be married? So, if you're gay and you use God's words to support yourself, you should follow everything else he has to say. (Note, if any of this is incorrect, then I'm sorry, just misinformation)

Isn't it God's words that all men are created equal? And isn't it God's words that gay people shouldn't be married? So, if you're gay and you use God's words to support yourself, you should follow everything else he has to say. (Note, if any of this is incorrect, then I'm sorry, just misinformation)

Or if you condemn gay marriage because of the bible you should follow everything eles the bible commands. It's a double edged sword.

And I would also argue that when the Bible was written there as no sense of sexual orientation--most of the acts described (especially in Paul) pertain to acts that were ritualistic for other "heathen" religions. Essentially, sexual orientation is a new concept that is only recently accepted--before there were only homosexual acts. And if you look at the OT most of those "gay acts" were committed by straight men with the intention of shaming others--or denying hospitality. So, if you ignore the cultural context and go simply by the words of the bible we need to follow ALL of it. If we follow the Old Testament then we need to stop where poly-cotton blends, marry rape victims to their perps, not masturbate (males only), kill little boys that taunt elders (preferably with bear maulling), offer female goats as our repentence offering.

And if I was systematically denied 1,038 rights simply for who I am, you can bet I would protest, whine, complain, etc. Let's promote stability, monogomy and loving marriage to ALL of God's creation.