Willie and Maggs Injury Update Thread

Thank God.  I was afraid with everyone laughing at everybody else's injuries that the baseball gods were going to even the score.

Good point. I think that's really lame when people in here laugh or get happy when injuries occur to other teams. Maybe this will remind them OUR guys can go down at anytime.

Thank God.  I was afraid with everyone laughing at everybody else's injuries that the baseball gods were going to even the score.

Baseball gods already shot a couple warning shots across the bow in the form of Frank's and Jose's hamstrings.

Next time it will be something season-ending.

heres some pics:

Chicago White Sox second baseman Willie Harris (1) and right fielder Magglio Ordonez (30) collide after Harris caught a fly ball by Cleveland Indians' Omar Vizquel in the seventh inning Wednesday, May 19, 2004, in Cleveland. Harris and Ordonez left the game after this play. Harris appeared to roll his left ankle as he tried to avoid Ordonez, who seemed to injure his left leg when he bumped into his teammate.

another

Chicago White Sox's Willie Harris, left, grimaces as Magglio Ordonez, right, lies on the ground after they collided after Harris caught Cleveland Indians' Omar Vizquel's fly ball in the seventh inning Wednesday, May 19, 2004 in Cleveland. Harris and Ordonez left the game after the play. The White Sox won 15-3.

I'm worried about Willie, the guy has been playing great and I don't want anything to stop that and an injury could definitely slow him down a little bit.

I hear that! But, at least Uribe can go in for him tomorrow if he can't play, and he's been having a great season as well. I know we lose lots of speed on the basepaths, as well on the defensive side, but Uribe sure can hit, which somewhat offsets the forementioned...I hope nothing serious is up though.

from the white sox website:

CLEVELAND -- The joy of the White Sox's 15-3 win over the Indians on Wednesday night was tempered by injuries to second baseman Willie Harris and right fielder Magglio Ordonez.

The two players collided while converging on a pop fly to shallow right off the bat of Omar Vizquel in the seventh.

Harris was tracking the ball while running backwards. Ordonez was running full speed and tried to make a basket catch while sliding, but he slid directly into Harris' legs.

"He saw me at the last second and jumped," Ordonez said of Harris. "If he didn't see me, he could've broken his neck."

Harris made the catch, flipped in the air and landed awkwardly on his left shoulder, but his legs were in immediate pain.

"When it first happened, I was scared to look down," Harris said.

The collision, as it turned out, looked much worse than it actually was.

The Sox's trainers came on the scene and began to give treatment to both players for several minutes. Harris and Ordonez were then removed from the game.

Harris had a bruised left shin and ankle, and Ordonez had a bruised left knee. They will be evaluated day-to-day, and their status is not known for Thursday's game against the Twins, manager Ozzie Guillen said.

"I don't think it's a big thing -- a couple bruises," Guillen said. "I was worried it was something worse, but it's not that bad."

Harris and Ordonez were still feeling sore after the game. Both said the collision was nobody's fault.

"I'm supposed to keep going back until I hear somebody call me off, and I didn't hear anything," Harris said. "It's part of the game. I'd rather get hurt playing hard."

Both Harris and Ordonez are key cogs in the White Sox's lineup. Harris is batting .308 this season, while Ordonez is hitting .299. Their absence would be a major blow to the team.

"You pray to keep everybody healthy all year long," Guillen said, "but that's tough to do."

=========================================

Hopefully its not too bad and maybe, just maybe they could be in the game tonight(at least one of them)............