Troops surround Iraqi Council Leader's Home

kapkomet

I was reading a story about US forces surrounding Chabli's home, one of the persons that was "on our side" during the runup to the war, and for months afterward, he was the one that was going to lead Iraq in the post-saddam era. The Iraqi's claim that the US is trying to bully him back into our way of thinking regarding the handoff of the government post June 30. He wants Iraq to have more control and the US is resisting, prompting what he calls "harassment" by US forces.

The more I read stuff like this, the worse it gets for us. I'm one that thinks we need to finish the job over there, but if we're going to play favorites and if someone disagrees with us over there, we need to get the hell out of the way and let them disagree. I really am starting to think with all the political pressures and bias here, we're slowly eroding any hope of successfully implementing a decent government over there.