White Sox Needs

Butter Parque

What should KW aquire first for the Chisox?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should KW aquire first for the Chisox?

• Left Handed Bat
    • A Starting Pitcher
    • A Middle Reliever

We can score plenty of runs, against righties and lefties so I wouldn't be as concerned as having our 5th starter combine for exactly ZERO wins, and IIRC ZERO quality starts.

Same issue we had last year. Same issue we had to start the season, and sadly probably the same issue we'll have in the playoffs.

obviously we need both a starter and bats, but i voted bat. we have this reputation of being a good offensive club when we really haven't been since 2000. sure, our run differentials are always respectable at the end of the season cuz we put up several 15-0, 11-0, 15-3 games a year, but often we can't get to decent pitchers and we pretty much never do anything with really good pitchers. or rookies. or guys who throw junk. when we've been bad the last couple of years, it's usually because our offense goes to sleep, not our pitching. i forget where but i saw a stat that over the last two seasons, the cubs lead the majors in quality starts; sox were #2. say what you want about it being an arbitrary stat, but in the regular season, quality starts usually should be enough to win games (i'm sure the average runs scored per game in MLB would bear this statement out), and we've pretty consistently lost such games. our #5 starter is a crisis too, and i agree that come playoff time (which we're all looking toward), the rotation's the more important issue. but i don't think we get there without more offense.

obviously we need both a starter and bats, but i voted bat. we have this reputation of being a good offensive club when we really haven't been since 2000. sure, our run differentials are always respectable at the end of the season cuz we put up several 15-0, 11-0, 15-3 games a year, but often we can't get to decent pitchers and we pretty much never do anything with really good pitchers. or rookies. or guys who throw junk. when we've been bad the last couple of years, it's usually because our offense goes to sleep, not our pitching. i forget where but i saw a stat that over the last two seasons, the cubs lead the majors in quality starts; sox were #2. say what you want about it being an arbitrary stat, but in the regular season, quality starts usually should be enough to win games (i'm sure the average runs scored per game in MLB would bear this statement out), and we've pretty consistently lost such games. our #5 starter is a crisis too, and i agree that come playoff time (which we're all looking toward), the rotation's the more important issue. but i don't think we get there without more offense.

Good point but all I have to say is one thing, we CANNOT lose every 5th day.

I voted for A Starting Pitcher. Yes, we have some solid pitching but like El Caballo said; “We CANNOT lose every 5th day."

Correct I believe you are. B) Sorry, I just love talking like Yoda. It's so cool!

Anyway I think we need to give Cotts a chance before trading for a pitcher because a hitter will come cheaper and more are available than pitchers. If Cotts turns out to be even decent (4.50 ERA) there is no way I'd give an arm and a leg for a rental.

Correct I believe you are. B) Sorry, I just love talking like Yoda. It's so cool!

translators

here is a yoda translator as well as some other guys. Yodas things are the funniest and make no sense at all. :lol:

Example:

"The sox are byfar the best team in baseball "

to

"best sox team byfar are in the baseball the mmmmm"

:lolhitting